Monday, March 14, 2005

Pulse

World at my feet
Just ready to be taken
Given a shot
I’ve just got to try
You’d think it would be easy
I’ve learned all the tools
Seen the tricks tried to avoid those
Now I know where they lead
Now for the biggest problem
I’ve got to have something to say
Oh yes I know I know
Sit down and it will flow
Just start writing
It will take care of itself
Build it and they will come
What to say what to say
I’m drinking lemon lime and bitters
It’s all I could find
I killed blow flies they were buzzing about
The sun is shining the sky is blue
I’ve finished the joint my head is foggy and dull
There is the sweet taste of sugar on my lips
A fly buzzes its last behind the couch
The day is glowing brightly outside
It is as dark and as cosy as a cave in here
In sharp contrast to my head
Fuzzes on the last of the smoke my eye lids are heavy
Shafts of light flash at me from the sky light
God talking or is it Mary bleeding
Which makes for better publicity today
Blindingly white in my eyes in flashes
Like a heart beat or a pulse planet energy on display
It makes me sleepy zones me out in a flash
My reality becomes that light small just in my eyes
I only exist in my eyes and then it is gone
Trees sway and it flashes back like the divine
I am captivated in its heavenly glow
pulse

No comments: