Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Talk About Thick Headed

My, my, my, she's a bit vague today.
christian


Fancy that Miss.
I'm seeing Msrimba this arvo, then heading straight to Peter Mac for a "second opinion"...
I thought I'd go to your place afterwards and spare myself the peak hour if that is cool with you :)
xT


That's cool with me.
Talk about thick-headed... that's me not you, you understand.
Goodness, I really have to stop and think before I do anything.
Mmmmm!
Mission accomplished! – I guess.
christian


Yes I know you are talking about you Miss.
I am not *that* thickheaded myself today.
Went to bed early last night even.
xT


Life’s going by so fast. Scampering by. Is life getting boring, or is it just me? Life begins at forty? Who is spreading that crock? The sadness of life has begun to seep in by then, friends have begun to die. All that work, all of those shared experiences, gone is someone who knew me for who I am and who I’ve been. A part of me is truly taken at the same time. Gone is the exuberance of life, all those wonders have been tasted and touched and experienced and I’ve got to realise that it’s all shit. Too jaded to think straight, quite possibly. But the world isn’t fair and it’s not run by nice people, let alone anyone with the good of human kind in mind. Generally, the human race isn’t a nice bunch of people.

I don’t want to repeat the last twenty years, but with less fun and less friends and less opportunities. It all actually seems down hill from here. No more chasing butterflies, no more rolling down a hill in the long grass, no more billycarts, no more being called a kid.

I miss it. I want to go back to when I was eighteen and just do it all again. At least all of that was real, as painful as it may have been. What’s a head…skim-milk version of what I did before? I wouldn’t even be surprised if colour lost its intensity, if words begun to seem hum-drum.

I don’t think I’m having fun!

I want to go back to 1982 and just stay at Swinburne and get it over and done.

I want to go back to 1986, just with more confidence. It took me a long time to find my feet, to get over the guilt of Leah. Robbie M and I could have been such good friends.

I want to go back to 86 when I was starting out in Fitzroy. I want to go back and have that life, make better decisions, take my career more seriously. I want to make better choices.

I’ve fucked up my life. Just scraping by. Mediocre job. Struggling really. Financially. Life’s a bit of a grind.

I know, there are thousands of people who would love to be me. But I should have been better. I should have been one of the elite, but I blew it. Now I feel fat and old and mediocre. It’s not what anyone else thinks, its how I feel inside.

I went to mum’s for dinner tonight, she said she couldn’t give me the thousand dollars this month. Fuck, I thought! She’s just paid her tax. I said, okay. She said that she would give it to me.

I should be earning two hundred thousand and be on easy street. I had it all and pissed it all away.

But the worst part is that I think I am just becoming numb inside.

I have to start practising my mantra again, I have a great life!
Tom said to me tonight that he couldn’t quite believe he was here again. He’d been to the Peter Mac for another opinion. I didn’t know what to say, it made me mute. I should have said, neither can, I can’t believe it either. And I can’t. He was supposed to be better.

Anything else is too awful.

I don’t want there to be a Christian that Tom doesn’t know. I don’t want to become someone else, without him. I want to become someone else, anyone else, with him around.

Life just couldn’t be that unfair? It just couldn’t!

It’s been unfair enough that I have had a sick Tom and not a well Tom up until this point. Come on! Pick on someone else for a while!


Seen it a bit but they need to lift their game...he's not that cute is he?? Or am I just getting old(er)?
Donuts were a lovely thought thanks. Just as well 1/2 a dozen didn’t appear cos I was just in the mood to eat them yesterday!!
Rachel


Perhaps, you are getting old, me luv. Have another look at him. He’s been universally admired.
christian


SMS. 18.17. Sorry no time 2 talk am in the middle me cooking a roast chook & lemon delicious xxxx snigger snigger – Rachel
SMS. 18.19. Who asked u to talk, anyway? – christian
SMS. 18.19. J – Rachel
SMS. 18.21. 2 joints and I’m off to my mum’s for dinner. Wish me luck – christian
SMS. 18.22. U r lucky those smoke & drive rules no longer apply! Have fun – Rachel
SMS. 18.24. Since when? – christian
SMS. 18.25. Ummmm I thought they had done away with them? Oh shit I don’t know – Rachel
SMS. 18.27. U stupid mole! – christian
SMS. 18.29. He, he, he! Why don’t u take yr mum some hash cookies? Just a thought… might get the conversation going – Rachel
SMS. 19.16. Or not going, which is more likely – christian

No comments: