Saturday, December 31, 2005

Sniffing Around at the Last Minute

All over for another year. Tick off 05 into history. All done, never to return. (blink and it will be 2105) I hardly get to mourn the loss and I have to be back at work… by the 04th, boo-hoo!

I decided that I wanted to go out and take drugs and dance for the night, without a care, swan song for the year passed. Swim on the breeze, groove mindlessly on the beat. Float - boom chicka, boom chicka. Sunrise.

I asked Tim if he could get me drugs. I knew it was too late, when I asked, but you never really know, if you don't ask. I hate people who ask at the last minute, so normally I wouldn't. But, what if Tim said that they only went in the afternoon to pick them up. What if he said he was just on his way? He could only say no too.


SMS. 9.51. (Tom) How are you miss? – Christian

SMS. 09.58. (Tim) I guess, you’ve already got stuff for tonight? – Christian

SMS. 10.09. We have… what did u need? – Tim

SMS. 10.15. I thought u probably would have… I just thought on the off chance if u hadn’t – Christian

SMS. 10.16. But… what were you after – Tim

SMS. 10.19. 3 e's – Christian

SMS. 10.20. What time will you be back? Will see if we can arrange it, but will need some money – Tim

SMS. 10.22 In an hour? – Christian


I can be any where in an hour, if party tricks are to be picked up.


SMS. 10.22. Ok will ask – Tim

SMS. 10.32. How hot is it down there? – Christian

SMS. 10.32. I haven’t left the house. Not game to – Tim


I drove down sometime around 11am. I decided that if I was going to do it, I should just get going. Leave... and hope.

I had just driven up to the roller door. I had, literally, just pushed the roller door button.


SMS. 11.35. Sorry can’t get on to anyone… think it might be a bit late – Tim


Ah! I just wanted to close the roller door again and drive back to Bolago before anyone saw me. What am I doing here without drugs? Bugger!


SMS. 11.47. Hi there, I am doing okay. How are you? – Tom

SMS. 11.52. Good. I could go to RawHide, if we’re not going to the Laird? – Christian


Sometime later… (I broke my own rule and called Guido at the last minute)

Pills got, tickets sorted, ready to go… and it is a million degrees down here, I think I’m going to die. Even dying my hair and having a shower hasn’t helped much. I feel like if I took drugs and danced in a confined club, I’d stop breathing.

Oo baby, it’s hot.

Then I got to thinking about being in Prahran for New Year's Eve… and the possibility of not being able to get home... when I wanted to, when I so chose. Taxi’s New Years Day?

I think I just want to take drugs and dance at The Peel. Close to home. All that return trip nonsense out of the way. I wanted to do the same thing, no matter where I was. Close my eyes and listen to the tunes.

I think I really want to go back to Bolago, where it will be gorgeous tonight.

And then I realised how awful I’d been, after Tom cancelled I just naturally went into drugs/dance mode, but Manny was coming to the Laird too. I just forgot about him. I guess, it’s, subconsciously, that I know he wouldn’t take drugs and go out dancing.

I just called him. Surely he isn’t at the gym, it’s 40 degrees.

I close my eyes and stop for a minute.

Just lying on my floating bed with Manny, listening to the cool, sounds of the forest... is, suddenly what I'd like to be doing. I hold that though, wonder why I didn't follow that idea. A boy’s entitled to change his mind, isn’t he? I try to convince myself.

Shake head. Open mouth, exhale and make uggling noise with my cheeks. Ah!

Just take the drugs, the club will be air-conditioned, dance till 7am, catch a tram, if you have to. Manny is, probably, not likely to even show up. You’ll, probably, get a taxi in the morning, wherever you are. You normally have taxi-hailing charm.

Oh, I don’t know what I want to do.

I'll send an email to Josh.

Nicholas went to Raw Hide


SMS. 20.10. Love you all, thanks 4 a great 05. Have a great night, see you in 2006 x – Leah and Stu

SMS. 20.25. B4 the sun sets on 2005, before the memories fade, B4 I get drunk and lose my phone may we wish you a happy & prosperous New Year – Tim


Tim and I went to the Peel, you know, like buddies do. Mates.


SMS. 23.18. May the New Year bring joy and delight darlings xxoo – He-who-shall-never-be-mentioned


No comments: