Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ah Nick

Nick, I presume? You are younger than the model specified, a lot younger? (twenty something?) Someone needs to check dispatch. Funny how the universe works?

I've seen you on the tram but we've never made eye contact. Beautiful blue eyes, expressive, shy, square jaw, dark, messy hair, a beautiful face. Contained. Present.

I got the first eye connection from you, this morning, something had changed, I could feel it. You were looking at me, I'd got your attention some how? Our eyes met, mine looked away first, feeling as though I was giving too much away. Was it the moment in the doorway of the tram, last Thursday? Or was it the time you sat opposite me, upright like a young colt, gazing out the window? You must have noticed.

Today you looked at me quizzically. For that fraction too long, the give away. Just like that. You have come to bed eyes.

I think it's time to break the rule about no eye contact; he's looking, he wants to connect. Beautiful, soft, pastel, gaze. An old soul? There is a gentle refinement in those eyes. The first time we've acknowledge each other, after this short time.

Do you believe in the idea that when energy dies, other energy rushes in to fill the void that is left? It is the nature of energy. Death. Beginning. The perpetual cycle. It is bigger than individuals, it is millions of years of reproduction. Just look to the light, just look for the twinkling eyes in the crowd. Just be yourself, that's who is attractive, anyway. Don't be afraid. Step forward.


No comments: