Sunday, September 23, 2007

Computer Idiot

My bastard lap-top won't connect the wireless network here, in the country. Actually, it connects fine, automatically, says that the xxxxx network has an excellent connection. But when I try to open the Internet, the computer says that it can't find the server.

I'm sure it is probably only a simple thing to fix.

Oh, why the hell am I such a computer cretin?


I got up early to write, 6.30am. I have been pissing around with Help on my lap-top, ever since. Oh, that and getting the open fire going again and warming up the coffee machine. When I really felt the urge to push my lap-top off the coffee table, I knew it was time to stop and head for the PC, in the study.

I laughed to myself when I thought about it. It is only money that stopped me frizbeeing it at the stone walls. If I was Packer or Pratt, I think it would have been very satisfying to watch the non-working lap-top disintegrate on impact. What stops the rich from doing that?

I guess a few computer lessons would be the glass half full option, huh? If I was a man of independent means, I'd love to study computers. They'd be fascinating.

I haven't written anything, naturally.

I think I might cook some thing for breakfast. Poached eggs, anyone?


3 comments:

Evol Kween said...

Don't talk to me about wireless at the moment - I've got Apple blaming my own wireless issues on Netgear, and Netgear blaming the issues on Apple. Bloody IT vendors

FletcherBeaver said...

The good thing with living with a computer type and his computer savvy boyfriend. They are going to set me up a 2nd computer profile to use the network in the country. Cool, huh?

RIC said...

... Throwing my lap-top against the wall?!... Oh yes, that idea has crossed my mind indeed, even more than once... But I don't have extra 1000 € each month to buy a new one...
Then again, it would mean a lot of stupid work, setting everything from the zero... I'm too lazy to do the very same thing more than once... Lol!
Enjoy your eggs! :-)