Thursday, March 05, 2009

As the Rain Falls Gently Down

Okay, as the rain falls down, pitter pat, it's D day? That short story is coming out and it's going to get rewritten to with an inch of it's life. The beginning is all wrong. There is too much dialogue and not enough narrative, always my problem. Actually, to be a glass half full person, always my style. I naturally write in dialogue. (When I was younger, I strangely, naturally wrote in 2nd person, but that is neither here or there now) I should have been working on it all week. Why do I do this? (Because you work better under pressure)

Of course, a new problem has reared it's ugly head, I'm off to chill out on Sunday, Daylesford, day picnic, dance party Sunday night. Me and Shane. However, my writer's meeting is 10 am Sunday. Hands in the air, cursing skywards! I can't cancel again. Grimace. Oh, I have to cancel. Big eyes. Head shake. No, I can't cancel, if I ever want to go to this writer's group again. (And I do) But, it would mean I'd have to drive myself, midday Sunday and not get a lift. Dance party. Car. Country roads. I so didn't want to be in that situation. Grrr!


1 comment:

Bold oy! said...

I naturally write in dialogue.

That's true but I think it's not your problem but your strength!
There is a liveliness in your writing that makes me come back everyday.
Good luck!