Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tomorrow is Another Day

It's a beautiful day, a lazy Saturday, the sun is shining, a gentle wind is blowing. The sky is blue. It's the kind of day to head to the bakery for, still warm, just baked bread, grind the coffee beans, smell the aroma and settle with The Age, with the intention of reading it from cover to cover.

I was going to try quitting smoking today, but I've failed already. But, one's not bad by early afternoon. Although, the fact I got up at 11 may temper your praise for that effort. Ah well, tomorrow is another day.

I've got the house to myself, David and Shane are both away. I love stillness and silence, peace and quiet, so I'm happy being home on my own. I've always been like that, since I was a child, I could entertain myself for hours. Some may say that I like it a little too much. Some times it doesn't serve me well, saying no to people, at times, when I should have said yes. The world doesn't, particularly, like to be shut out, no matter how comfortable I may be with it.

The sun streams in. The newspaper's pages seem to turn by themselves. My second coffee tastes better than the first. The day drifts into afternoon, with me hardly noticing. That's what weekends are for, after all; lazy, luxurious, moments to wind down and just feel the present, be, not a worry, not a care.


No comments: