Monday, March 30, 2009

Sia

I went to see Sia last night, at The Corner Hotel, with Mark and Luke. My my, I haven't been to The Corner for many years and the old dump hasn't changed one little bit.

Sia was great, funny, nerdy, but with the one complaint, I couldn't understand a word she said, for the most part. Her annunciation can be appalling.

There was some girl group on first called Bridezillas, just rubbish. Someone at some stage must have told them they were good. The violin was out of tune, as was the sax. The lead singer sounded like the embodiment of Valium, but not as fun. Just crap. How did they get a gig? Any where? Awful? And people clapped, which I think was cruel.

But Sia was great, a breath of fresh air. Cool. Quirky. Funny. Chatted freely with the audience. She even started on time, you just gotta love that.


No comments: