Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's a Modern World

Didn't do much, wrote a bit. I got my two new pieces started, planned out, for my writer’s group. It's still at the this-is-shit stage.

I bitched at service providers, or would have if they'd turned up. Got cranky. Stomped about and smoked up a storm - oh yes, did I tell you?

What sort of shit service does the National Bank give? I had quite a lot to say when I finally got onto Matt in Sydney.

“I got queued, then I got put back in the queue, then I got transferred and then I got cut off,” I said. “Let’s see how you go.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” said Matt.

“I just want a pay in book,” I said. “I’ve even been to the branch twice. The second time they told me I had to call. How hard can it be to get a book with which I want to give you money?”

“There shouldn’t be any problem with getting a pay in book from the branch,” Matt said.

“Now you are just antagonising me.”

Matt laughed. Good for him. And then, apparently, he fixed it. Apparently? This is the 3rd pay in book that has been, alledgedly, sent to me.

The dishwasher repair man didn't turn up, of course. He was supposed to be here between 1 and 5. Trades men? They never do. How do they make a living?

"I can come in the morning," said Stan. "No probs about that. I start at 7am."

"Yes," I said. "The problem is that I don't."

I’m still waiting for the electrician and the plumber. But, since the plumber is a year over due, I suspect he isn’t coming now. Good thing there has been a drought and there hasn’t been much call for gutters and down pipes.

The electrician promised me next week. Or is it the week after?


No comments: