Monday, March 09, 2009

 Oh, the writer's group? They liked my writing, said I had a unique way of phrasing things, but didn't think my short story was a short story. They wanted to know more about each of the characters and said that I had really written a section of a bigger story, in their minds.

They want me to write the prequel and sequel to what I have already written. L said I should consider writing a novella, which, apparently, are becoming more popular and eminently publishable. V said that publishers were looking for good, contemporary urban novels. Pretty much what I write.

They know all the publishing stuff, which I've always tuned out on, which I knew they would. One pretty big reason why I'm going. Also to get motivated, don't get me wrong.

The problem is that I have no idea what to write for the prequel and sequel. Nothing. Nada! Not a clue.

But, I guess, a little sleep and little food and some thought on the matter and it will come, like all those weirdos to the baseball field. It's one, important, area where I don't have any doubt, let it float around in my brain for a time and it always comes, my very own weirdos just start walking around in my mind.


No comments: