Monday, June 29, 2009

Bruno


Do you really think that the character of Bruno is doing the gay cause any good? Or am I underestimating the general public?

You know, I certainly don't want to be too precious about it, but... I mean, I don't mind people making fun of gay people, as long as it's clever.
But, I didn't laugh once when he was on Rove last night, even though the audience did. It was all just tired old stereotypes, presented in a really, I want to say overly, serious way. I can see him thinking the character all the time, and not just "being" it. He's certainly no method actor, hey?
But, the G.P. just love that camp caricature, don't they, even though now I'm sure they all know it isn't true. It's like that's what they want us to be.

I guess I'll have to wait and see the movie.

No comments: