Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Happy Pills Forever

These non-smoking pills really are good. By evening, yesterday, I had completely forgotten that I'd quit smoking. Now let me reassure all you evil non-smokers, that is a big deal. The end of day 1 of quitting smoking, the quitter feels like torturing puppies, or decapitating small children, let me tell you. Okay, I was four days passed the required date to stop, according to the happy pill instructions, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. My arm didn't drop off, I didn't crap out my bowel, the world didn't cease to function, as we know it. (Okay, that last one is up for debate, but it didn't happen in the 4 days that I continued to smoke when I shouldn't have)

I'm feeling fine. Yay. The whole world should take pharmaceutical drugs. Oh, that's right, the whole world does.


I must stop picking up a chomp when I go to the milk bar for newspapers and cigarettes... er, no, not any more... milk.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post. I am on day 11 of the course and am getting myself ready to completely stop. Thanks again.
StevieD
www.realeuphoria.com

FletcherBeaver said...

That's cool. I'm surprised how "normal" I really feel.

FletcherBeaver said...

They do make you feel nauseous if you have them on an empty stomach. Apparently, they can stop you from sleeping if you have them too late in the day. Not something that worried me, as nothing stops me sleeping, I sleep like the dead.