Saturday, June 06, 2009

Kaine Meets Guido

I took Kaine over to see Guido and Guido was in fine form. Kaine had on kinda lose fitting camouflage pants and if you think I was some what taken back when Guido had his hand down them in no time flat, you should have seen the look on Kaine's face. Ha, ha, ha. Hysterical. I've never seen his eyes so big, or his neck so stiff.

"Nice kid, that Kaine..."

"Guido, he's thirty three."

"Handsome," said Guido, without missing a beat. "A bit fucken jumpy, though."

"You had your hand down his pants."

"Ha." Guido shrugged. "That's how I greet all the new boys."

"You never did that to me," I said, wondering if I was going to regret it. Thinking what the hell am I saying.

"Yeah, well, your like a brother, mate," said Guido. "We might go in for some funny shit around here, but incest isn't one of them." He reached over to the coffee table. "Bong?"

Kaine returned from the toilet. He was smiling his cheeky smile, so I figured he was okay. He sat next to me.

The water gurgled, it was putrid.

"He's got a nice handful, though."

Kaine looked uncomfortable.

I coughed and spluttered. "Guido!"

"If you get sick of this guy any time soon, come see me," Guido said to Kaine.

Kaine smiled at me and then looked over at Guido. "No, I think I'll be okay."

Guido exhaled through his pouting mouth. "Guido doesn't like rejection."

I handed the putrid, glass thing to Guido and for the first time, practically ever, swine flu came into my head. "You could clean it once in a while, you pig." Guido pushed it towards Kaine. He refused.

"Okay!" Guido stood up. "Now you have to leave." He was pointing to the front door. Kaine looked nervous and half lifted his arse off the couch. "Are you a fucken spy, or what?"

"What?" asked Kaine nervously.

"Take no notice of him," I said. "He's kidding you around."

"Actually," said Kaine, dead pan, looking back at Guido. "I'm usually referred to as a Fed..."

"Woo-Hoo!" yelped Guido, leaping up and clapping his hands. "Smart too." He put his hand over his mouth and moved close to Kaine's ear, as if he was having a private word to him. "No wonder this one likes you."

Kaine smiled at me coyly. He's damn cute.

Guido licked the side of his face, with a big, wet tongue and momentarily, Kaine's expression turned to one of someone shitting themselves. He jumped. Guido has a knack of ruining moments, doesn't like the attention off him for too long.

"Tastes good too," said Guido, looking over at me.

Kaine wiped the side of his face with his open palm, and a grimaced. He looked upwards at Guido. "I'm just getting over Hep A, I should warn you."

"Well," said Guido, laughing. He raised his eyebrows at me as if to say he approved of Kaine. "There's only one thing for it." He reached over behind the couch. He slammed a bottle down on the coffee table in front of us. "Vodka shots. Are you game?"

"Sure," said Kaine.


I staggered on the way out and Kaine caught me in his arms, not that I really needed catching, but it felt nice. He looked me in the eye and said earnestly.

"I don't like it when you smoke."

I mean seven vodka shots later. Huh? I wanted to say, What the? But instead, I just felt his big arms around me and laughed. He did too.

We walked home in the cool night air, together. Laughing chatting. I'm sure the world was going on around us, but I honestly didn't notice.


We went out and played at Sircuit, D, Shane, Mark W. Someone suggested meth, but I'm glad that didn't eventuate, as it is so moreish once you start. And you can never be sure where the urge will take you in the end. So we settled for smoking joints and drinking beer, till 2am. I'm sure I was flirting with Mark W without meaning to. Mr tall, dark and handsome. You know, by the sixth schooner I wasn't really sure. I suspected, at one stage, that he was flirting with me, but it's doubtful. No. It must have been my beer goggles, I decided. You know, like the chick who finds herself in the hotel room with the group of rugby players should have, I decided I'd had enough beer, at that point and switched to coke.

D won all rounds.

The night air was crisp and bracing as we walked home.


No comments: