Friday, January 08, 2021

Life Seeping Back

 


I continue to be fascinated by this plant that I rescued from the pile of junk the girls next door left on the footpath outside their house when they left for sunnier climes. When I picked it up, I really thought it was probably dead. It was brown and there didn't seem like there was much hope. (there is a photo I posted earlier)

Still, I like plants better than I like people, ha ha, ho ho, that is almost true, so I repotted it into a new pot, not the least because it was in a brightly coloured plastic pot, and gave it proper succulent soil and most importantly, even if it sounds so simple, I gave it some water.

I thought that, perhaps, it might grow new growth from the middle, if I was really lucky and that the rest of it would die off and fall away and maybe, just maybe, given some time it might grow into something nice again.

Well, every day, I have watched with fascination, the brown, do you call them leaves, arms, tentacles, whatever, turn more and more green. I have watched life seep back into it.

Yeah, sure, there are a few sections that aren't coming back, but mostly it has come back to life.


No comments: