Thursday, January 14, 2021

Out and About Early… Because We Can

6.30am. I am up. It was freezing in the bedroom this morning with the balcony doors open. What happened to summer, you may ask? I close them, but Sam tells me to open them again.

Bruno comes downstairs with me,

7.30am. Sam was up. He fed the dogs

What to have for breakfast? I say I am going to make porridge. You see Sam isn’t really a breakfast eater, and I am. So, I have to get to it and make something, and porridge is the thing. Sam won’t eat muesli, he says it is sad food.

So, I said, I was going to cook porridge for breakfast. Sam said he’d go to Coles to see what he could find for breakfast instead of me cooking oats. (Anything but oats, in his head) So, I said, “Get oranges and bananas.” So, I have something to snack on, prompted by my seemingly blood sugar plunge yesterday, which leaves me feeling drained. So, Sam said we needed to go to the Hive to buy fresh fruit cheaply, so that’s what we did.

It’s nice, out and about early. We’re at The Hive shopping by 8.30am. The sun was shining. It was like Europe, up early at the shops looking for food. Maybe it was the coffee smell in the air?

We went to Woolies, then to the Saigon Village for fruit. We went to the Asian bakery and bought fatty bread treats for breakfast.

I love this life, not so much only working 3 days per week, Mon to Wed, although I’d recommend it, nobody should work more than that, but working from home. You see, I could do this any morning when I work from home. I never want to go back to the office, right at the present time when workers are being ask to return to the office.

Fortunately, I have a boss who says returning to the office is up to us, at least for the immediate future. We’ve all been so successful working from home, he isn’t going to push any of us to come back into the office, at least for the time being.

No comments: