Monday, January 04, 2021

Today, I Was Going To Turn Over A New Leaf

Today was going to be the day that I wasn't going to lie on the couch, yet again, and watch YouTube with my laptop on my stomach, but from the minute that I got up the rain was falling and the temperature was well, it says 16 degrees, but it feels way colder than that, let me tell you. 

Even Bruno, who is not one for getting his paws wet at the best of times admittedly, didn't go all the way to the back of the yard like he normally does ever morning, instead choosing the nearest pot plant and then he turned straight around and came back inside.

So, what am I supposed to do, when the weather is against my best intensions?

I ask you.

The universe is working against me. (Sad Face) I say this as Bruno climbs up on the couch next to me and rests his fat face on my thigh. He's with me, but I already knew that.


The girls next door bought in 8 bottles of red wine. "Just thought you might like this. We can't take them with us."

"Oh sure, why not. Thanks." I wasn't entirely sure why they couldn't take it with them?

They set off for Queensland not long after so that got us off the couch for a minute, as we waved good bye sheltering under the hibiscus tree from the rain. Nice day for a drive, I thought.


Once their cars disappeared out of sight it was back to the couch. And then we wonder why the holidays go so fast? What had happened to the days? What did we do? Still, sometimes it is nice to do nothing, and then to rest once you are done.


And, it is still raining.


Let's crack open a bottle of that wine.


No comments: