Thursday, January 21, 2021

Saved the Best (you know I mean worst, now don't you?) To Last

I have befriended all my cousins on Facebook recently. And finally, my last cousin who lives in America has befriended me. And she turns out to be bible-thumping, Trump-loving conservative. She's the deaf and blind one, so I can see why she would thank god for all her fucking blessings


She was always pig headed and stubborn when we were kids. (She was only deaf back then, she went blind as an adult, legally blind, not complete loss of eye sight. She can still use an iPhone to communicate)

She always had a slight sense of entitlement, because her devoutly catholic mother spent so much time trying to make it up to her, whisking her off to faith healer’s ad infintum, at the expense of my other cousins, who never resented it, ever. 

Yeah, maybe I would have a chip on my shoulder if I was deaf. Maybe? Sure, it is easy for me to criticise…

… but a conservative lovin’ Trumpian. What was it they used to call them, deaf and dumb. Hello. (Oh, I know, I’m going to hell for that comment… if there was a hell) But saying Trump was the only honest, caring President America has had in recent history. And that Biden stole the election and is a wicked man. Seriously? That is just stupidity.

The worst aspect is, not her stupidity, or gullibility, but the fact she is bringing all her deluded Jesus freak friend’s comments to my feed. I sense an unfollowing coming up.


No comments: