Tuesday, January 05, 2021

You've Got To Laugh

I opened a bottle of red wine, pouring myself a glass and leaving the rest of the bottle on the kitchen bench.

I'm not one for wine glasses, I always use a tumbler, amongst my friends that is well known.

My friend Dante dropped in. I walked into the lounge room, Dante went into the kitchen to put his stuff on the kitchen bench.

"What's the wine like?" he asked. "Do you mind if I give it a try?"

"No, go for it."

The next thing Dante was spitting into the kitchen sink, washing cold water into his mouth washing it out. Gagging and spitting. Spitting and gagging.

Unbeknownst to me, I'd put the bottle of wine down on the kitchen bench next to a tumbler of watered down Betadine with which Sam had been bathing one of the dog's paws.

It looked like my glass of red wine, I guess.


No comments: