Saturday, January 16, 2021

Some Of My Favourite Things

Things I like. Movies. I have the best damn movie collection in the world. Of course, the world is subjectively my world. I continue to add to it in, what maybe be called, an addictive way. That's certainly what Sam calls it.

Plants. I have so many house plants now that I contemplate buying a bigger house on a regular basis so I can acquire more. Of course, living in a terrace house doesn't help.

Dogs. I have two of the cutest bulldogs in the world. Every day that we take them walking someone stops us to tell us how beautiful Buddy and Bruno are. The most common question I get is, "Are they brothers?" People are always amazed when I tell them Buddy and Bruno are 8 years a part in age.

Home. I am a real home body now a days. I'm lucky that I have a good one in which to hide away from the world, er, um, live life.

Sam. I've had boyfriends before who have said "forever' as they gaze into my eyes, and they have long since departed. And while, I don't believe in forever any longer, Sam is the one who will probably have the best shot at it.

The things I like, not necessarily in that order, you understand.

Early mornings, the long shadows in the afternoon.

Coffee.

Laughter. I think stand up comedy to be specific.

Cars, or course. That's been life long. Since I use to stand on the back seat of my mother's car and utter those words, "Same model, different colour." Ah, the things you lose with the passage of time, you see, it was really my mother who used to repeat that line back to me. No one else. And she's now dead. Nobody else knows that, and a tiny piece of me is lost.

Champions come and champions go, and when they are gone, we have to be our own champion.


No comments: