Saturday, October 07, 2023

My favourite thing at the moment, Blood Oranges

 

I'm up early, it is Saturday, a day just naturally made to be blown off. If only everyday was Saturday, lie would be bliss. I take Otto for a wee and then return him to his sleeping pen in the bedroom. 

I make coffee.

Sam arrives downstairs a couple of hours after me with a puppy in his hands. Sam takes him for a wee.

Bruno is up last.

The bulldogs get goat’s milk, as a pre-breakfast starter. Do you know how much goat’s milk costs? Well, no, neither do I, but Sam tells me it is expensive.

I eat Vegemite toast and drink more coffee for breakfast remaining wrapped in the big, pink blanket on the couch, a very Saturday morning kind of thing.

Probably piss about for most of the morning. Harness up the big hound and head out for lunch, I'm thinking. Sam is too, I just asked him. Otto can't go yet, but soon it will be the four of us finding a table on the footpath for déjeuner. Sam says ramen. Grocery shopping. You know the usual Saturday kind of shit. 

The weather is nothing. That hint of summer we had seems to have been just that, a hint. I'm not complaining though, if all the reports of the summer to come are anything to go by.

No comments: