Sunday, October 15, 2023

The 'No' Vote Won

It really is a shame that Australian's are so hard hearted that they couldn't give the most disadvantaged members of Australian society some help with a voice over their own future.

Really, it is a shame.

You know, we are still going to have to address the First Nation's people's disadvantage, and for all the 'no' voters, how do you propose to address that? 

How do we now look at legislation that address' housing, poverty, employment, education, life expectancy, incarceration for Fist Nation's people when it isn't working under the current system?




This made me laugh, and you have to love the things that make you laugh.

We went out and ate Mexican for lunch, Sam, Bruno and I.

It was overcast, but warm, warm enough for a t-shirt.

We order nachos and enchiladas. 

I should’ve taken a hay fever table. It gets me in the back of the throat now a days, it never used to in the past. I cough uncontrollably. Sam tells me to stop talking and let it calm down, and although I think this advice is stupid, it works. I don't tell him that, after my eye rolling at his suggestion.

We did grocery shopping afterwards.

We didn't do much else for the day.

Our buddy Tim, who has been staying with us, left for the final time. We all said we'd miss each other.

My other mate, Matt, came over and got my possum trap. He's waging war with the Lesbians who live a few doors away. The lesbians' cats keep coming into his yard and spraying. He's now going to catch them and give them to the council. 

"That should go well for neighbourly relations."

He shrugged. "Nyr! What can you do."

Matt bought me a copy of The Ritz, a cult favourite movie amongst my friends.

Other than that, it was just teev until Sam called stumps.


No comments: