Sunday, October 08, 2023

The Sun Shone

It was just lunch, all we could manage on a sunny day. Ha ha. We walked, of course. I don't remember the last time I drove my car? Bruno attended, dutifully sleeping under the lunch table in his resting super dog pose.

We went back to the Vietnamese place where, a few weeks ago, we tried to walk off without paying. They had to come after us. That was embarrassing.

I thought Sam paid. Sam thought I paid. Oops. Eating outside, it was as though we just got up and walked.

I think it was good that they had us back. I think the owner made a joke about it, but I didn't really understand what he said. 

I think he said, essentially, he was pleased that the misunderstanding hadn't put us off returning. That's nice of him, really, I thought, if that is what he said.

Ah, I guess business is business.

Their tables were slatted and later I'd discover Bruno's fur was crusty from the fish sauce we spilt through the slats of the table and onto him below, poor baby. Vietnamese is quite messy to eat, wrapping everything in lettuce and mint and what have you. I wonder if it drove him nuts, smelling it and not being able to lick it.

Sam shopped for groceries afterwards, while Bruno and I sat in the entrance way with our backs resting against the wall, well, my back was resting, Bruno was stretched out across the tiles, guarding the shopping bags Sam would deliver to us intermittently.

Some guy wanted to blab on to me about Jake and the fat man.

"Yes, I know the show."

"Yes, he has a dog just like Bruno."

"No, I never watched the show."

How many times have I had Jake and the fat man conversations?

The sun shone.

Sunday.


No comments: