Sunday, October 22, 2023

Sunday It Rained

I went to visit my mate Jill early, to see how she was recovering from her heart attack. A heart attack? Jasus! I needed to take my car for a run, anyway, so Bruno and I went to surprise her. She was surprised.

Sam didn't come. He stayed home and cleaned. 

I listened to the new Rolling Stones album on the drive down. 

Jill had a friend staying looking after her, as it turned out. 

I said, "You've got someone here, so I can just go again."

"Oh, that's lovely," said Jill.

25th - I'm not really sure why I said that, now that I read it back? I'm not really sure why I even write it here? Was I disappointed my surprise was, if I said ruined, it would be overstating it, may be blunted? Made lesser? I don't know? I don't think so. I think it was supposed to be a joke. Was I trying to be funny?

Jill seemed fine.

Her friend was nice. We drank coffee and talked about old times. How we used to like smoking, me and the friend, and drinking, that was Jill and her friend. I have never been a drinker, it makes me tired and low energy, I've never really seen the attraction, or got the buzz other people must get.

We took the dogs to the park, not that Jill is allowed to walk dogs yet, so her friend walked her dogs. There were kids playing soccer in the park, so Bruno, the ball obsessed hound, had to stay on his lead. The park was nice.

I came home and Sam, Bruno and I went grocery shopping. It is easier taking one bulldog shopping than it is to take two. Although, we took two bull dog's grocery shopping for years, so don't be a pussy, I tell myself. What I am trying to say, about which I am not being very clear, is that it is easier taking two bulldogs shopping when one of them is voice trained and off-lead trained and is not a puppy of only months of age.

A couple of weeks and Otto can come too. We shiver with anticipation.

The rain fell. The sky was grey. It has been that sort of weather these last few days.

I slept on the couch in the afternoon, with my laptop on my stomach. It is surprising it hasn't gone crashing to the floor, as I have a habit of falling asleep on the couch with it on my stomach. Oh, wouldn't Sam be pleased with that.

Lovely.


Have you heard Americans use the word drug, for dragged? I hear it a lot on YouTube channels that I watch.

Americans really do have their own English language, now don't they.


No comments: