Monday, October 16, 2023

David Calls

9.30am. David calls me saying now that he was up early, what was he supposed to do?

I laugh. "This isn't early," I say. "Has your house guest left yet?"

"No," he whispers.

"What?" I question incredulously. "Does she not know the 1 day house rule?"

Apparently, she thinks it is a 5 day house rule. "Oh, I don't know how that happened," says David.

"Tell her to get out," I say.

"I told her not to ask me to go anywhere, do anything, walk, ride, go on excursions, or drive her anywhere."

"How many days has it been?"

"She's been making me breakfast and smoothies and she's been cleaning, and been keeping out of my way. And walking the dog. She's been really good."

"How many day?"

"Oh, too many already."

"Did you say that when she finds your staring out the kitchen window, your fingernails making scratching sounds on the glass, with wire coat hangers in the other hand slapping your thigh, all the time you are chanting, "I don't want this, I don't want this, I don't want this, it is time for her to go."

"She's been warned that when it becomes too Mommie Dearest..."

We both chuckle.


No comments: