Thursday, May 06, 2004

Curly-Haired Bike Boy

As I was about to round the corner into my street, a young guy whooshed past on his bike. A curly-haired, sparkly-eyed young lad. He looked sideways in my direction and smiled, checked me out, checked my position, maybe. I thought to myself, that's just what I need, as I watched him ride away, in his pin-striped pants, with his blue and orange striped jocks just showing, fetchingly, above the waistband. He strode on his pedals, with big strong legs. The pinstripes ran up his trousers, meeting at a point right on the centre of his arse. His pants had one of those small belts at the back, attached to each of his cheeks, buckling them together, pulling him shut.


As I slid the key in the door, I heard a throat clear behind me. It was Curly-haired Bike Boy.

I raised my eyebrows as I looked at him at the gate.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?"

More confidence than was deserved. I laughed. "Pardon?"

He had an angelic face, one eye closed, one hand over his forehead, to focus on me. "I thought I'd stop and say hello."

"Hello," I said.

He went to the Catholic university, he'd been studying all day and he really needed something to relax him.

"I've been admiring your," he looked to the left, "flowers and I'd really like to pick one, but never would without asking first." Big smile. White teeth. Cute face, he knew it. Turned to maximum charm to get what he wanted.

"I see," I said. "But what happens when the next person and the next person asks? What do I do? I would have none for myself?" I was flirting with him, he knew it.

"But, I'm not just anyone." He smiled confidently. "I'm sure you would have to agree that I asked you very nicely?"

"That you did," I said. I couldn't help but smile at the handsome stranger.

We gazed at each other. He adjusted his feet, but the smile never faded. He tilted his head to the side and widened his eyes. I couldn't help but laugh. Angelic determination, a combination to overthrow the world.

"Sure you can have one," I said. "Since you asked so nicely."

"I have no idea how I could repay you," he almost said in mock southern sincerity.

I said deadpan, no expression. "I'm sure I could think of something." Then I held his gaze. I think he was waiting for me to say more.

He suddenly blushed red.

"Well." He smile. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," I said. Smiled again. Turned and went into the house.


No comments: