Friday, May 07, 2004

Let Them Eat Cake

I've made a mental note to myself every day for the last week or so to drop you a line and, damn it, every day I rush out of the building at 6:30ish having done only half the things I'd planned to do during the day. Decided to take a different strategy – thought I should make you first(ish) cab off the rank… and TA DA… here's my e-mail.

So, how are you?

I've given up smoking – again. Had my last one at 6:45 pm on Monday. Mind you, when I say I've given up I know I have all intentions of being a social smoker. Still, haven't had a smoke for a few days and that's a good thing (I think). I worked out that there were some smokes I enjoyed more than others. The one's I'm missing most are the ones I'd have with my coffee while I was writing in the morning. I can still taste cigarettes in my mouth – I don't know whether that's because my lungs have to clear out or because my body's playing tricks on me. How about you – smoking or not?

I've also managed to almost get re-enrolled at uni. Have spoken to the tutor (who oddly, enough seemed a bit reluctant to take me on until I reassured her that I have in fact been writing). Sadly she's not going to take me at my word – I've gotta send a thousand or so words to her. Fortunately for me I have a spare 20,000 or so to send so I should be able to jump that little hurdle… now which piece do you think I should send – they're all a bit rude…

Am about to have a week and a half off work so if you have any time for catching up that would be splendid. Even if you don't have time I think you should make time, what with my very important 41st birthday coming up (I can feel the fortyoneness). I want cake. I want cake and your company. I want cake, your company and maybe a ciggie or two.

And now I'd better get back to all the other stuff I actually get paid to do.

Seeya ☺

Kym


Hello

Lovely to hear from you.

I have a feeling that I have an sms from you to which I didn't respond. I was just thinking about you last night, as I was at my computer contemplating the worm – that's the virus computer type worm and not the Greek boy type worm, you understand – and whether I should send you an email, or not. And then coincidentally, straight Greek boyfriend called and I go distracted. But I am trying to avoid using my emails (at home) just for a few days until the worm subsides.

So bad Christian for not replying.

I have a new flatty, she moved in last weekend. Aby, the film maker. She's nice.

And I might even have another lined up. Baby Luke.

Smoking. I gave up for ten days and by the tenth day I felt so depressed I thought it was either cigarettes or suicide. (Of course, I never thought about the nicotine patches I have secreted away) Or even a doobie would have been good. But no, straight to the shop with the determination of an incensed, northern suburbs, receptionist.

Yes, we must catch up, I think I'm free next, next Wednesday, or after. Time in the day. Time in the day. Time in the day. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It's lovely that you are coming back to school. I enrolled in Symbols, just this week. Kym Smith was delighted to have me. Well, not have.... fingers in the ears. La, la, la.... (That image could scar a boy)

Who does your tutor think she is? Why is it up to her if you re-enrol or not. I think you should send her the an*l s*x scene. No, send her the whole lot, via email, so it takes hours to down load.

Anyway, I must do some work too.

christian


Hello back,

What about next Thursday evening for catch up?

Kym


That would be delightful.

christian


okay, see you then – what time's good for you (are you still exercising after work?)

Kym


Exercising, oh you do make me laugh – just name a time.

christian


Okay, how about 7:00 at your place and we'll take it from there (I can probably be earlier if you think you'll fall over with hunger before then)

Kym

PS: that's the day after my birthday – I think we need to eat cake. I know we need to eat cake. ☺


Lovely. (Let them eat) Cake it is!

christian


Miss

Evening Christian.

Happy Friday Night!

How are you? We've been a bit quiet on the old email this week – not too much to say i guess.

It all went in a bit of a blur for me, that’s for sure.

Up to anything interesting this weekend?

xTom

 

No comments: