Saturday, May 22, 2004

Not My Husband... He's The Guy I Lost My Virginity To

Leah borrowed my car and went to Williamstown to visit a friend and I went to Shioban's to compare notes on our speechwriting presentation.
Leah got back at 4pm and I took her to D's salon to have her hair blow-dried straight.
Robbie Milosevich came over to see Leah, it was the first time they had seen each other in twenty years. Tom came over after a BBQ to meet Leah. Tom told Leah she was gorgeous and asked me why I'd never said how gorgeous she was.
Tim came over after being at Steve's in Clifton Hill.

SMS. 20.23. Poor Bombers – Tom
SMS. 21.00. Don't tell Leah – Christian

I called Manny at about midnight to see how he was, he'd been sick with food poisoning symptoms.


I went to Leah's friend Jacqui's fortieth as Leah's date. It was held at Mo-Jo Browns in Bridge Road Richmond. I took Leah’s hand as we crossed Bridge Road, Jacqui was out the front having a smoke.

“OMG you guys, that looked so weird,” said Jacqui, I just lost 2 years watching you two hand in hand.”

Leah and I laughed.

We drank till we were drunk and danced until 3am.

Jacqui's sister said something about me being nice, which we gathered was a comment on me being Leah's husband.

“No, he's not the husband,” Leah said. “He's my first boyfriend. She was drunk by this stage so she added, “He’s the guy I lost my virginity to.”

“I'm confused,” said the sister.

We all laughed.

“They used to go out together,” said Jacqui. “Way back when we were young,” she slurred.

"But they don't now?" asked the sister.

"No," slurred Jacqui

There was a sprinkling of gay boys and a very cute, allegedly straight, boy named Daniel, who seemed very keen to hang with the gay boys. And who also had the eye thing going on, in my direction more than was usual, for a straight boy.

No comments: