Saturday, May 08, 2004

Secret Women's Business

Miss

I haven't been checking my emails for the last few days because of that nasty worm. My computer is still completely unprotected anti-virus wise. 

Must learn how to update my anti-virus protection. You know Shane gave me a whizz-bang anti virus thingie on CD, but I seem to have lost it. Whoosh, gone. Which is odd, as I never normally lose stuff.

I'm good, been busy with people coming over. D and Rachel Wednesday, Jane Thursday. Someone Tuesday, but they appear to have made no impression, hey? (Oh no, mum's dinner. I've changed her to Tuesday nights) Supposed to be Manny last night, but I've also had pains in my stomach for the lay few days, so I cancelled him and watched a Stanley Kuberik movie, Barry Lyndon, with Aby instead. It was very long, but beautiful, every shot and I think I spent 3 too many hours with me head propped up against the arm of the couch and this morning I have a killer head ache, emanating from my neck, I believe. Just popped two Mersyndol. 

I was walking down Bourke Street on Tues./Wed and I saw my old flatmate Claire, who, as she said, I haven't seen in fifteen years. We were both in a rush, I, of course, was running late for work. I kind of regret not getting a contact for her so we could do lunch. She said she worked for the land trust, but what that means, I have no idea now. But I did tell her where I worked and she was just coming from a meeting in my building, almost my floor actually. So, it would be nice if she gave me a call and we did lunch. But I'm not holding my breath, really.

I heard from Tim a couple of days ago, he says that everyone has split up, or is going to. Sean with Domenic… and Sean now wants to move in here. (That'll get you round here, hey?) Tim said he was also going to split up with Adam, but I assumed he was joking, except for him saying that he can no longer live with old misery guts, so it's hard not to take him seriously, hey?

Tim asked how you were.

Aby's car got broken into out the front, in broad daylight – she's talked about it all week. Almost bought it on, one might say. It's funny, as I can't remember any of our cars being broken into? Nick and Mark's cars got stolen, of course. But that's hardly the same thing, don't you reckon?

I haven't heard from Mark and Luke for a few days, which is a shame as something is happening with their service provider and unless they contact xxx before Monday the Bolago Website is coming down.

I so have to do some study today and then I'm going to a play tonight and then I'm off to Kyneton tomorrow for mother's day. Lovely.

The lovely Manny is going to drop in for some afternoon delight, too. So, he says. Again, not holding my breath, sweetie. And when I said to him he should come around last night to pat my head, he said he'd be embarrassed to do so because I now have a flat mate. I was just talking about a bit of therapeutic patting. I think I must have eaten a slightly off chicken wrap Wednesday.

How's the coldsores? Are they going to impinge on your myriad of dates this weekend?

D said you went on the dinner date with him on Tuesday. How was that?

And how are you missy? I do hope that sugar has seeped in where only lemons were, earlier in the week. I hope you are feeling stronger and happier.

Stella was coming over at 9am this morning, with Patrick, so we could go to Gluttony to eat cake, but she cancelled, funnily enough, because of a sore neck. Probably a good thing now that I'm feeling oh so head-achy. Patrick really is a gorgeous kid, but at two and a half, just a full-on little man. A fact I shared with Jane just a few days ago.

Nearly all girls have been my visitors, you may have noticed. I think I may be over-dosing on the girlfriend front. The curse of the gay man, one might say. Although, not me, natch.

So I hope I find you full of joy and light on this, er, somewhat cool Saturday morning.

Perhaps, all we need now is a little sun.

Haven't seen you for, what seems like, ages. You haven't met Aby, as yet. When I talk about you to her, she says, oh yes, your friend Tom, which does seem odd.

christian


Hey Christian,

Yes it has been a while...

THAT friend of yours Tom, hasn't been hiding, just busy I think...

My Friday nite date(s) cancelled because they both have cold sores (Fancy) and tonight I've got the 22yr old...

Tell Manny Hi from me.

I almost feel like coming over for a visit myself! Well not almost, I DO feel like coming over for a visit!

xTom


It's 1.11.

Coldsores all a round, fancy indeed.

But the bounciness of a twenty-two year old...

Luke's not moving in, apparently he's got a dog. But he did suggest a twenty-three year old ex-policeman, just ex apparently. But I think we've declined. Twenty-three is too young. Still smarting from Debbie, I guess.

Well, come over and visit then, miss. Come and meet Aby, you'll like her.

I HAVE to do study Sunday night.

School Monday.

Mum Tuesday.

Jude's coming over Wednesday.

Kym's coming Thursday.

And then Friday...

Manny came to the play, it was the first time we have actually gone to something together, as Manny said. True too. It's interesting going out with someone who is the life of the party – Mark and Luke – to someone who is somewhat uncomfortable in social circles. No judgement, just different. Different people. It's good to be different, hey?

But it was nice, looking over to see his smiling face. He enjoyed the play. It was good. Very funny.

christian

 

No comments: