Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lovely Daniel


Daniel Radcliffe's Equus photos show the boy has grown up.


Harry Potter strips down, I’d like to see that, I thought, so I went on a hunt to see what I could find. What I found is that we’re really screwy about nudity, aren't we.
Here’s what one reader said - which was representative of quite a few.
He was such a good actor until he ruined his reputation and respect with this stripper act! gross! He’s ugly now!!!!!! - Aimee
Parents complain of shirtless Harry Potter photos. Spare us all!
Why are we so fucked up about nudity, or Daniel’s stripper act, as so many of the punters have commented? I guarantee there would be barely an audible squeak if he was killing people with a gun rather than taking his clothes off.
Why do we not blink at violence, but gasp at nudity?
Why is the human body not a thing of beauty?
And no, Kimberly, it’s not wrong that you want to cover him in chocolate. Bobby is bringing the whipped cream.
Also what’s the objection to his body hair? As you can see, he hardly has any. Sterilised into oblivion?



I loved the mental picture of the pro-nudity pundits, when they commented on his nude scenes, If he can pull this off, it will be good for him and his career.
I’d like to watch him pull it off. The Equus role, that is. Best get myself to London, hey?



The truth is that I’d rather read about Equus and look at Daniel Radcliffe’s toger than hear the endless regurgitation of Iraq atrocities and the Taliban's resurgence, Iran's nuclear Armageddon, global warming, or how evil Islam is going to bring about the end of the world, as we know it.

No comments: