Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Not Just The Accident

I didn't mention that I opened a friend's car door SMASH! into my face, on Monday afternoon. I just opened the back door to put my stuff in and it hit me right on the bridge of my nose. It hurt like hell and bled like nothing on earth. I think I saw stars. I wanted to cry, but I'm a boy... you know the deal.

I stood by the front door with one arm in a sling and the other clutching a great wad of tissues, held firmly to my throbbing, bleeding nose, as my mate, whose car it was, wet his childishly, small pants. Yes, yes, very, fucken funny! Ha, ha, ha! Open the fucken door, will you!

I also had a wart frozen off my face last Friday, which has proceeded to turn into a great big red thing on my chin.

My first day back at work, yesterday, with a smashed nose, burned chin and arm in a sling and one of the boys stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me, looked me up and down and then said,

I heard you'd been sick, but I didn't realise it was this bad. Pained look on his face. Big inhale. Was it some kind of accident?

Well, I thought, you sure know how to make a boy feel good about himself.


No comments: