Friday, September 09, 2005

A Cuppacheeney and Cake

I got up at 6.30am. I went to bed early last night, I guess that explains it. I stayed up. It is now light at that time in the morning. Cool, I thought.


Subject: Guess What????


You're going to think I’m such an idiot. I lost my keys on the way to work this morning. I was going through Victoria Gardens... and did my shoe laces up.... I remember putting my keys down and I didn't pick them back up... Will you be home tonight?

Tim


Subject: Guess What????


Yes, I'll be home tonight. But I'm going to see Tom at 6.30pm

Christian


Subject: 11.11


(M&L)

Hello

Christian


Subject: Guess What????


ok – will be home before then – thanks

Tim


Subject: 11.11


Hello to you dear chris chris…are you coming to Aby’s on Sunday afternoon and did you do anything about your car regos…

Mark


Subject: 11.11


I'm goude. Beck's away and I could be slack, except I have a mountain of work to do. Brrr!

Yes, yes, I am coming to Aby's, Sndy arvo.

I fixed up my car insurance last Saturday.

Are you still feeling tired?

Christian


Subject: coming down for afternoon tea


Greetings,

Fancy a cuppacheeney (as my nan used to say) and a sticky bun next sat arvo?

I will be in Melbourne on Saturday 17th September returning on a plane at 6pm. Need to see my fam in the morning but the arvo I am all yours??

Don’t have the Levine’s details but would be nice to see her too?

Leah

xx


Subject: coming down for afternoon tea


Group emails. Huh?

Christian


Subject: coming down for afternoon tea


Yeah get used to it! Are you around fletchy?

Leah


Subject: coming down for afternoon tea


Jill's swanning around Queensland, as only she could... can... does. Probably doing the cake shop circuit. She'll be home tonight

It will be nice to see ya.

Christian


Subject: Alma


Ah Nan... with her twinkly eyes and her smile as broad as Geeelong. Dear old Nan. There will never be a breed like hers again.

Christian


Subject: coming down for afternoon tea


Cool – can you forward this to Le Vine for me too. Cheers x

Leah


Subject: coming down for afternoon tea


Actually no. I don't have Rachel's email address at work.

Christian


Subject: Alma


Go the cats tonight – they are playing the swannies at the SCG and we are going! Will take me thermos AKA Betty and scream uncouthley AKA Betty too.

Leah


Subject: Alma


And you do it soooo well.

Christian


Subject: coming down for afternoon tea


You could call her and be friendly x

Tim


Subject: coming down for afternoon tea


Actually, I left my mobile phone on my kitchen bench this morning, so I can't even give you her number.

Christian


Subject: Guess What??


will be home at around 5.30 – C u thenish ...... Tim


Subject: Guess What??


I was at work at 7.45 this morning, so I might be home around that time too. Maybe. But I got a mountain of work in front of me. Bugger!

Christian


Subject: coming down for afternoon tea


Hi,

I'll have you know that I am back now and yes I may have had a cake or two on my travels.

Love to catch up on the arvo of Sat 17th - when are you free.

And what's this about 'group email' it only went to two of us!

Regards,

Jill


Subject: coming down for afternoon tea


Give old slack pants in Sydney Rachel's email address, will you?

PS I just ate a neenish tart. yum.

Christian


Subject: Guess What??


That’s ok – I will wait – I have to go get a haircut at 6.... Oh god – I am so hung over!!

Tim


Subject: me smoking?


Doris,

I have now changed my password. It now says poofter. Just in case I forgot.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the lovely Alex and the lovely Charlene from the evil Yr 9 'about class'. I gather already the little $@%§§'#! wish to complain about my teaching. I don't like them and would like you to kill them please? I will have to watch myself and not say brat, spoilt or lazy. These are words I will not say. They shall not be said. Not by me. I shall have open ears and be a saint. Yr 9 you understand, flexing their muscles. Making the teacher run through the hoops. I shall be lovely. What shall I say? I shall continue to keep offering topical and structured lessons about Development and the topics in the curriculum framework. I will not say screw you, you dumb stupid fatuous juvenile. That would not be appropriate. That would get me into trouble. That would not be pedagogical.

You were lovely when I was there. Don't listen to anybody. For God's sakes you had just gone on holidays after slogging for a year with corporate types. You were a doll, doll. Don't listen to what everybody SAIYS. They're a bunch of moles.

I was thinking about that lovely Sebastian and his South Tyrolese friends. Is he still there? Is he back in Italy (South Tyrol?). If so, could I have his email address as I would quite like to visit him and his sexy big thick farmer buddies up the valley? It's known as a lovely spot to be in, in late Autumn, but similarly in Spring, Summer or Winter (no way). And so are they. Has anybody done him yet? We are yet to know.

Now, as I recall, NO reaction to Emilio coming. NAS. No sausages were had. Is this because you are insanely jealous, blithely disinterested, sublimely on another plane? How lovely for me, I would have thought, Italian-Australian sausage, home-delivered, mind. How nice. How lovely. But no. Not a sausage, doesn't care, might as well be dead. Cares if you live or die, fat or thin. Who?

No-one.

FOT.

So that's December sorted – cuddling up with Emilio hee hee hee. I have promised him only grown up things and no hearts. Well, a little bit – it's got to be worthwhile after all. But imagine little me crushed by enthusiastic Winter-wrapped-up Calabresi. I know I am. He rings from time to time. Shall I shack up and relocate to Ascot Vale? Lordy.

How's that Tom slag? I hope them docs aren't getting intimidated and running around like rats. After all, the man's a drug addict (puts on Lukey-tone), string 'em up. No, I hope he's well and looking less frankensteinian and less guilt-trippy minxy, but then, that's his job in hospital, heh?

How is your Manny? Still dumb? Mine (Ed note – Chris) is and I insulted him badly when my ball was blowing up and he hasn't emailed me since. Not the once. I scarcely deserve it. I let him have it. I used the word stupid. Ouch… Still, that was years coming, I suppose and the man did fall asleep rooting me – one never forgets, Dorothy, one never forgets. Now however I only have lovely thoughts.

How is the Reg? I could do with her email address too so we can be buddies. She may turn up after all. I had Jane (Sydney rate) here and that was grrrrreat, and maybe some others will turn up also shortly. I like it when they come. Makes me feel warm inside.

Christ I'm tired. I started at the new school (squirrels, appletrees, manor house, 3 kids 6 kids per class) and have been preparing material for the 23 lessons I have in total per week. I'd personally prefer to get smashed but there you are. I am babysitting for friends on Fridy and tomorra I will see my gardening friend – I have been avoiding him. He makes me feel guilty about the whole thing so I want to write him off. Not so good. So tomorrow night I will be good and say nice things. Emilio thinks have no faults by the way – so I must keep him on the books, final reckoning days, you know. I can hardly turn to you lot, nasty pack of vipers that ever there was. Except for you of course. You're practically uncircumcised. There is a Serbo-Bosnian Angelo in the other school's class by the way...

I have the kids doing translations of German copyright law at the moment while I scrim scram to you. I hope they come up with some operational parametres for our website unit because I'm no expert. But they are a fine bunch – they will do almost anything. Unlike Yr 9...

But Yorick, I must anon. May you fall in love daily on the way to work. May everybody love you. May you have fun, repeatedly. At lovely Bolago.

I remain yours then,

Margot (Maggot)


Subject: Me smoking? Only after Emilio has been to visit.


Mags

Powers for good. Powers for good. Two spooky things just happened. As my emails began to download, I said, Come on Josh and almost at the very same time, can’t be sure me chronometer is busted, down popped your name.

And then, I decided to make notes of your email, as I read and I started with Mags, before I saw how you had signed off. So how’s that?

I’ll take care of Alex, if he’s a boy, but you’re on your own with Charlene. A bag over Alex’s head, into a waiting taxi and swept away to a cargo ship headed for, um, let’s say New Orleans. (Gaza in a skull-cap?) We’ll have that foreskin stretched over the hole in the levee in no time. (Brings new meaning to Down on the levee) Never known a good Charlene, wouldn’t be willing to tackle one.

You’d better start practising with your Saint act, my dear. How long before the lynching? (That would be your lynching and not theirs, you understand)

Emilio? Um? Er? I’m going with sublimely on another plane. He thinks you have no faults? Slap me knee and call him Ruby. Who’s dumb? At them gates, them gates, them red gates, Emilio will do his speech and then there will be a momentary silence, followed by ten people clearing their throats ready to speak. Keep him on tap, if you must, but not a chance, babe!

Send Serbo-Bosnian Angelo to me smartly, thank you very much!

Now, I was off to see Tom, hippy hop, skipity, skip, but he has delayed me by an hour, doesn’t like the visitors to pile up. He likes to spread them evenly… um… so to speak. Which, natch, has forced me to have a kill-time-joint and now if I get pulled over, in this police state and get done, it will be all Tom’s fault. I do hope he is pleased with himself.

I’m meeting Reg there. Tom grumbled because we’d gone ahead and organised a double visit without his knowledge. I protested, as we discussed it only two nights ago. He had had 40 mills… litres… ecopascols… clearly I have no idea… of morphine before I go on the blower, to be sure. Never the less, it was discussed.

Reg’s email address - Abyaustin@yahoo.com

So now I’m off. I’ll answer your many and varied questions when I get back.

Sometime later… actually, many hours later. Reg and I were told not to carry on private conversations while we were visiting. But, I did stir Tom up, when I got there, by saying that we are only meeting there because it was half way between our houses, before we headed off and do something fabulous. Oh yes, my sweet, I know which buttons to push with young Tom. He got cross and Reg and I felt so “told” that we dared not to speak, with each other, after that. So my humour was a tad counter-productive.

Tom is probably going to be in hospital for another four weeks, at least, for his bleeding bladder. He thought that the further away from the transplant he got, the better the chance of him not getting Graft vs Hosts disease, but apparently, some people get it at six months, some at twelve months and some at two years. Whatever organ it effects, whatever that organ does, that is what he will get. So if it attacks his liver, he could be yellow for a couple of months, as well as suffering liver disease. If it attacks his heart he dies. He has just had tests to see if there are any cancer cells in his bone marrow. It takes two weeks for the results and it either means he lives or he dies. Tom described the feeling of being at the point of finding out if he lives or dies as surreal, like there was this thing going on around him and he felt calm and detached, at the eye. Or maybe that’s how I felt about it.

So, as you can understand, with all of that to contend with, he’s a little stressed.

Aby, on the other hand, is leaving for New York on Monday, as her film has been accepted into a film festival there. She’s going for a month, so you will understand that she is excited.

The lovely Sebastian is back up at Bolago. I haven’t been up, wasting opportunities to see him. We went out for dinner last week. He said he enjoyed it, but he’s back early, surely? – I think I do need to take me pot smoking in hand… time for another joint. Don’t mind if I do. Indeed.

My second joint is kicking in. I thought I was going to knock this off tonight, but I’m slowing. I can feel it in my brain. Half speed. Bring her back to Warp 1. Captain requests permission to land.

I’m letting Manny go. I’m not calling him. He called the other night, first time I’d spoken to him in a week. I can hear it in his voice, he sounds sad. But…

Manny said he met an Italian gay boy at the gym. Vince. He has a twin gay brother. He’s been calling. I told Manny that Vince sounds fantastic – secretly thinking that I certainly wouldn’t be having anything to do with me if I had one of identical Italian twins panting after me…

(Ed note – reading back over this, September 2008, as I prepare it for my retrospective blog – He-who-shall-never-be-mentioned’s worst fear –Manny split up with me, July 2007, because he had met someone named Vince. I know the Vince above, he’s a friend of David’s... some two years after this date. Interesting? I don’t remember Vince at this time. Manny could have kept it from me for two years, he is capable.)

The one I suspect is smart, Dean, with the wog-boy looks and beautiful uncut cock, goes to Canada in a week. And we never talk, anyway, so what does it matter how smart he is. Besides, he’s a beginner sexually and I want one already trained.

So that about covers the men.

Heads fuzzy. Eye lids are heavy. Thick head.

Now I’m chocking on the Mary-Jane smoke. Do you ever do that?

So you used stupid on your Chris… how nice. Not an indicator of sophistication or intelligence. Picking on dumb animals, it is beneath you. Some may even say it cruel. I, myself, would say… pick on someone your own size, if you must, my luv. Some may say that if someone fell asleep up your arse, it may be more of a comment on you and your arse and not so much a comment on him, so move on with that one.

I’m off to see my mother in the morning, quite possibly work in the afternoon. And then Aby’s farewell on Sundy.

Bugger, I just kicked the cat.

And on that note Mildred, I’ll say bonie noté.

Christian 


No comments: