The cute locksmith, Christian, came and fixed the back door lock. It has been failing for a week, or so, and this morning it failed altogether. So, there was no time to dither in this one, like I have a tendency to do. I had to get it fixed straight away.
We laughed about both being called Christian, even if that doesn’t make much sense now, in ‘Christian’ camaraderie. But, you know, when you are flirting, everything seems delightful. He seemed to like the fact, and I quite liked the way his handsome face smiled. He’d have to be a shirt lifter, I couldn’t help but think.
He said it was going to be expensive to fix, as the parts for those locks don’t come cheap. Then I told him that the other two doors had the same locks – we have three French doors at the back of the house, two full size doors that look like panels, on either side of two half size double doors in the middle. – and that the full sized doors had hardly ever been used. We only ever really use the middle doors. So, he took the parts out of the other door locks and the main door was fixed in no time.
His parting words were, “You are lucky, you still have another lock from which to take parts, if the need arises in future.” He flashed his adorable smile, my heart melted just a little again, and he was gone.
I scanned photos all day. I got distracted and scanned a lot of Perry’s old photos. As I looked through the collection for more photos to scan, I thought to myself, if he only knew what photos of his I have. (Kim left them here when he lived here for that ill-fated short time) I laughed, he thinks I have done him this fabulous favour with the scanned images I have already given him, if he only knew what I am holding back.
Nyr! I shrugged. You should have stayed mates with me. Actually, it was me who got tired of the puerile, look at me, nonsense he tends to go on with. I do have to wonder why I attract so many ‘look at me’ kinds of people?
It was cold and wet. Good for staying in doors anyway.
The Medical Journal of Australia published research and debate on raising the minimum legal age for alcohol purchase to 21 to curb youth binge drinking. Oh please, are the conservatives now funding the medical journal, is all I could think.
Reports emerged regarding violent clashes and injuries at the Christmas Island immigration detention centre following a peaceful protest by asylum seekers. The conservatives must be organising security at the detention centre, is all I could think.

No comments:
Post a Comment