Thursday, June 19, 2014

New Job




I left home at 8am. I got to Food Farmers.

I drove down Victoria Street and up Burnley Street and through Toorak to Toorak Road. Then up Toorak Road to the freeway, to miss all the tolls. I didn’t really strike traffic until I crossed Glenferrie Road and down the hill to the freeway. Everybody goes that way to avoid the tolls. After that was plain sailing. It took me three quarters of an hour to get to work.

But it hurt my toes again, and my foot was sore all day. I was worried that I would be able to keep up the driving.

Food Farmers is cool. They are all friendly, it reminds me of MMP. I prefer it. I hate corporate.

I did filing all day. It didn’t seem like a very good use of my time, but Voula said she hadn’t quite got herself organised. I assume, she would have to have done it herself, if I didn’t. And there was a pile. I was charming and nothing was too much trouble and Voula loved me. She was charmed when I could pronounce her Greek surname correctly. The benefit, I guess, of having Greek friends, that I could make an accurate guess. 

They provide lunch for all their staff. I’d taken my lunch, though. I had the second reheating of the tomato soup. It was all a bit over cooked by that stage, but I ate it anyway. It never occurred to me to ditch it and make something fresh, as Sam told me he did when I got home.

On the way home, I took the freeway to The Yarra Boulevard, as I wanted to see how many tolls there were, as I had to look after my toes, otherwise I wouldn’t be driving anywhere and not earning anything. It was only one toll and it was infinitely easier. I got home in half an hour. Despite being further way, it was easier than going to the miserable toy company.


Sam made cream pasta.

Mark drove to the airport and picked up Luke.

Sam and I went to bed at 10.30pm once Big Bang Theory was over.  Sam laughs more at Big Bang Theory than anything else, and it is a joy to watch him. 

Mark and Luke had some guy come over at 11pm. Shrug, whatever. Luke likes big dicks up his arse. And there is nothing like a Melbourne guy to fuck a NSW guy stupid. 


No comments: