Friday, June 20, 2014

Hearing Bad News From Lauri




I went down Burnley Street and straight on to the freeway from there. One toll charge. It was easy. It took me half an hour.

I laughed as I whooshed down the freeway, more hours and more money, who’d have thought in all the panic at the beginning of the week, even if it is yet another sideways step.


It was one of the HR girl’s birthdays and we ate cakes all day. 

They had a fully kitted out kitchen with all the ingredients you might need to make sandwiches for yourself for lunch. They have salads, hot dishes and cold dishes, almost anything you might want to eat. 

I made two ham and tomato toasted sandwiches for lunch. They have pressed chicken and two types of cheese. I think may be that is what they offer every day.

I was updating employees details all day.

I text LouLou during the day to tell her that I couldn’t get anything for Saturday night. I am encouraged to try when she said we’d have to drink champagne instead. I realised I hadn’t done anything about it, so I did. I seem to be texting all day.

Mark and Luke took my car and say they are staying the night at Jeff and Raymond’s. You could see that Luke was hesitant to go when he knew that pot was about to arrive.

Guido dropped in just as Mark and Luke backed the car down the lane way, but they didn’t see each other. It is a wonder. It was as though the roller door had just shut and the doorbell rang. 



Hi love,

hope you are well, I have been too, until now

About 3 weeks ago lumps appeared in my neck and low and behold after several tests I have been diagnosed with a class b lymphoma, highly curable with surgery and 6 months of chemotherapy. Lumps are in my neck and groin now

They appeared 3 weeks ago out of the blue, just woke up one Saturday morning and looked in the mirror to notice them, they have swelled a lot and I look like a bullfrog.

I don’t as yet really know much else, I only found out last friday, Monday I had an appointment at the hospital with the doctors and they said its highly curable so that’s a great thing to hear

This Monday I go in for an assessment before they do a proper biopsy to see the structure of the cancer and a ct scan to see where and how big lumps may be in my body

That’s all I know now, ive cried a lot, ive laughed a lot too, ands that’s what I need, laughter and prince and my music and Leroy and my family and friends

I promise to keep you informed

I have spoken to my brothers and sister and my mother

Leroy is a rock, I have a great group of friends here to help me get through this as i plan to do

Anyway, im starting to cry again so im going to send this now

I love you lots

Lauri



Lauri

Hey, wow! Holy shit. Fuck, hey! 

I think laughing a lot is good, staying happy, it's good for all of us, it makes us all well, I'm sure. It's good to know it's highly curable, that's great. It's a shit to have to go through the treatment, I'm sure, but just concentrate on the positive outcome and the day you can look back at it and realise it's far behind you. 

I guess, you'll have everyone running around after you, in the mean time, I'm sure that would be cool. Let them, that's what I say. I guess that translates into Leroy running around after you, still he's retired, what else has he got to do?

You and Delta Goodram, hey, I think? You'll have to wear long dresses and do tacky pop songs. Maybe, you should get a few of her cds. Maybe Prince and Delta have done a previously undiscovered duet together.  I'd like to see that.

I'll be thinking of you and be sending you all the positive energy in the world.

Read up on cannabis oil, it's meant to be some kind of cure, treatment. Sadly though, smoking it doesn't do you any good, although I'm sure it couldn't hurt, you know, is what I say... of course. But listen to your doctors, obviously.

Stay strong, you'll get through it. It is amazing how we can doing things, you know, when you have to.

I was just talking to Matt about you... an hour ago. I put my laptop down in front of me and was just about to open it up when Matt arrived, but I didn't open if until after he left, so I hadn't read your email. Matt's got Danny D working for him and it reminded me of that time the three of us went to the Tunnel at 6am Sunday morning, or whatever time it was, off our faces and we couldn't stop laughing about how shit straight night clubs were. Do you remember, there was like two lights flashing.

You'll have to get yourself a dog. Have you got a dog? Didn't you have one, at one stage? Some little dog? Or am I imagining that? They are good companion animals while you are recuperating. I love my bulldog sleeping on the bed with me, even if he does snore like a bitch. But so does Sam. Dog on one side and boyfriend on the other who both snore exactly the same, it's really weird. I get it in stereo. Although, that was really only during our week of 40 degree days in summer, when it didn't drop below 30 for five days and we all needed the only air conditioned room in the house. Junior normally sleeps in his kennel, don't think I sleep with him normally. Still, the pussies who complain about being kept awake by snoring, you know, the "I haven't slept in 30 years" brigade, don't get any sympathy from me, because I still fell asleep in 5 minutes, even with the two of them.

My poor old cat disappeared, so I'm catless for the first time in my life. She never quite got over the bulldog moving in. Pussies, cat, that's the only reason I told you that. Still, if ever I'm anywhere and somebody tells me they have a black and white kitten they need to find a home for, I reckon I'd say yes. I've always wanted a black and white cat. I could be a sucker for a long haired red kitten too, quite possibly.

oops. I nearly stubbed my j out in my dinner, thinking it was the ash tray, they were next to each other on the coffee table, shrug, so I guess I'd better start concentrating on what I am doing.

I'll be thinking of you

and waiting for more news.

I love you lots, too.

Hugs (Christian)


Sam made steam rice noodles for dinner.

I called Antony and he said I could get him bullets for his gun while I was in Clayton and I lost interest in talking to him. For somebody who has been locked away due to mental health issues, it’s not funny. I never know what to say to him when he says shit like that.

We went to bed at 10.30pm.


No comments: