It was cold and wet.
It was a rainy, overcast day across the Melbourne metropolitan area (such as in suburbs like Fairfield, not far from Fitzroy) following unsettled late-autumn weather systems.
9:29 am Mark: oh, push away Mal...
9:38 am Christian: We've known each other for how many years, last week?
Buddy and I went to the dog park, when the rain stopped. Bud doesn’t care, he doesn’t care if the grass is wet. In fact, if he can find a puddle to roll in, he will.
I continued scanning my old family photos when I got home. I’ve got may to get through. Bud lay next to my right leg all day.
Mark recorded a song and sent it to me. He used to be a professional singer, but he doesn’t sing any more. I want more tracks from him. I used to love going and watching him sing when we were boyfriends.
4:17 pm Christian: Where's my next track?
4:19 pm Christian: I'd like First of May.
4:33 pm Christian: and I want Send in the Clowns, Mr Bojangles, Tenterfield Sadler, Don't Cry Outloud, Hello In There, All I need to know, Shiver me Timbers, New York State of Mind, Piano Man, Help... sorry, but I kept thinking about them
4:33 pm Christian: And Die Pussy
4:36 pm Christian: He he he. I was listening to John Lennon sing Stand by Me... and when he sings "the lights you can see," or something like that, Sam looked quizzically at me and said, "Did he just sing "Die Pussy."
5:26 pm Mark: Hehe...silly Sam.....happy anniversary for all those years, my chriso...
5:28 pm Mark: I talked to Matt about his recording studio, and I,m also thinking about getting him to help us with the deck, so he,s gonna bring his equipment up and record me...
5:43 pm Christian: Yes, that's fabulous. Good idea. If you need any more song suggestions just ask
6:32 pm Mark: it depends on what’s on you tube karaoke
6:33 pm Christian: I know, I was just saying. I was listening to you today and wanted to hear more when you stopped singing
6:34 pm Mark: I will make it my mission... 😀
I scanned photos all day. All mum’s old pictures, rescanned. Oh grrrr! If only I had used a better scanner in the first place. What happens if I complete all of the scanning for a second time and an even better scanner comes along? It is not even the scanning that is the hardest bit, it is the editing and the restoring that comes after that that is the hard bit.
I walked to the supermarket, thinking all day that my sore toe was feeling better, but the walk to the super market proved me wrong. I guess I sensed it as soon as I started heading down my street. I hobbled home with my bags, my foot throbbing. I wished I’d driven, stupid me. My stupid toes, what the hell is wrong with it?
We ate tomato and chorizo sausage pasta for dinner. Yum, yum an old favourite, but still good.

No comments:
Post a Comment