Monday, June 09, 2014

The Day Before, The Next Day




We took up our positions at the coffee table with our laptops, for a few hours in the morning. Buddy under the table lying between the two of us. 

Sam and I cleaned up the study, and the front bedroom, for the rest of the day, in readiness for the carpet to be laid. Finally, after that roll of carpet lying in the atrium for how long? I hate to think now? I, actually, began to think the day would never come. We got so used to that great big roll of carpet taking up most of the floor space that is just seemed like a part of the furniture. 

In the evening I was completely stressed out about work tomorrow, I’m not exactly sure now, perhaps it was a premonition of what is to come? That is really not like me? Was there a vibe in that office? There was a vibe, to be sure. You know, how unquestioningly they were determined that it is a one day work load role. Anyway? Shrug? I guess, I will find out? 

So, I took a Valium. I’ve never been one to take Valium, but all my Valium scoffing mates would no doubt approve. I don’t think they work on me, but what the fuck, down my gob. 


No comments: