Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday Morning




We ate lunch in Glenferrie Road. It is a very Saturday morning thing to do. Go further afield, though, just not eating in our own neighbourhood all the time. (If I said spice of life, would you vomit? You know, a cliché vomit, not a nausea vomit) Lovely Hawthorn. My dad used to teach there at Swinburne Uni. I practically went to school there, Smithton is just up the road a bit. I used to walk down this way to my father’s off, some days. So, it is very familiar to me. I consider it is the area in which I grew up. So going there is nice for me, and interesting to me to. I like it.

Glenferrie Road shops didn’t look all that different, I guess that is a good thing, if it is anything, the property developers haven’t fucked it up yet. Swinburne Uni looked different, though, when we both had a look in passing. Sam and I both went to Swinburne uni.

After we’d eaten, we bought a solar pond pump at Bunnings in Hawthorn. It is an industrial kind of looking Bunnings squeezed into an industrial suburban shopping street frontage, it is more vertical than your standard Bunnings centre.

We saw Dante as we drove into Bunnings and he gave us his car spot. Fancy that. Dante? That bitter old bitch. Still, nice of her, I guess.

We came home and setup the solar panel on the roof. However, ultimately, it would prove not to be powerful enough. Not enough sun at our place, either, too many trees. Still, it was a nice idea, but pretty quickly it became landfill. So, making an attempt to save the planet, we inadvertently added to the waste. Some days, that is what happens, I guess. 


Oh, you were on line and now you're gone.......So sorry about last Sunday nights stuff up and that you had to go out to the airport my lovely. I now know to come down Victoria St when coming from Mum's to your place......Hope you and Sam have been cuddling up with Buddy in this miserable weather – LouLou 


We ate stir fried veggies for dinner. 


• Discovery of a Body at the Royal Botanic Gardens: On the morning of June 28, a major investigation was launched after joggers discovered a woman's body lying on the grass next to St Kilda Road near the police memorial.

• AFL Thriller at Docklands Stadium: In sports, the Western Bulldogs defeated the Melbourne Demons by six points (Marcus Bontempelli kicking a late winner) in an AFL match played at Docklands Stadium.

• Macedon Fatal Police Pursuit: North-west of Melbourne, a fatal car crash occurred following a police pursuit that began early that morning after suspects were caught attempting to rob a Myki transit card machine.

• Aftermath of Severe Winter Storms: Melbourne was also recovering from a week of extreme winter weather, including a major "weather bomb" earlier in the week that caused the Yarra River to breach its banks, flooded Southbank, and downed powerlines across Victoria


No comments: