Sam left at 8am.
I was awake at 9am, drinking coffee in bed with Buddy waiting for the email to come from Jack.
I still wasn’t sure if they expected me at the toy company for a hand over? We’d find out soon enough.
It came at 9.09am.
But just to throw a spanner in the works, Jack wanted to know if I could work Monday at Food Farmers. Oh, what to do?
You see, I had told lies about going away Friday and Monday just so I didn’t have to work at the toy company. But, I want to work at Food Farmers on Monday, I’m happy to get the money. What to do?
The lies that I have told, the games that I have played. I should get some therapy for self confidence and then I wouldn’t need to play these stupid games.
I decided that I should turn my phone back on and stop being so stupid.
Keep it simple, stupid, that’s what I thought.
I decided to keep with the original lie and I emailed him back to say that I was going away, didn’t he remember? He emailed me back saying he did remember and was just checking. He said he also wanted to talk about the toy company. So, nothing about being at the toy company today, so I thought I might as well ring him to find out what he wanted to talk about re the toy company. Oh god, what could it be?
Apparently, the toy company said that I left without saying good bye.
“What?” I told him that Nina signed off my time. And that I had a catch up with Dana as the last thing I did, explaining what was what. I told him that Dana thanked me for all my work. And then I left.
He said that was weird. He told me not to worry about it.
I told him about the change to my contracted hours. He said he’d sort it out if it was a problem.
Then he told me that the toy company was very happy with me and the work I had done.
I told him the two things didn’t really make sense.
He agreed.
It was that bitch Marnie Wang who asked me not to leave without telling her, and then I left without telling her. Nyr. Uppity fucking accounts clerk.
Still, Jack seemed convinced by my explanation.
Jesus! I got away with it. Fuck ay!
I have to get myself some training in the things I don’t know, otherwise I am not going to get away with it sometime in the future.
Still, thus far, I have had glowing reports from all of my clients, thus far. Shrug. I guess that is good.
I took Buddy to the dog park. I got out in the fresh air with my best mate, it’s always the way to clear my head. Well, not so much clear my head as stop thinking about it and then, I usually find, the answer comes.
And the answer came.
At 1.30pm, I called Jack.
“My big sister being my big sister says that I should get my arse into work and that she would handle what we were going to do together on Monday.” (Haha, I don't care)
Jack laughed and said, “Well, it is up to you, as I have already told Voula you can’t come in.”
It was cold and windy all day.
I relented and lit the fire and of course the sun came out.
Our solar powered pond fountain sprang into life for the first time. Buddy didn’t seem to care one whit about it despite Sam’s fears.
I spoke to Antony and he seemed fine.
Buddy spent most of the afternoon lying in front of the fire.
I called my lawyer and sorted some things with him.
We had a nacho snack when Sam got home.
We ate the rest of the lovely tomato soup for dinner. Sam said we could only have soup after the nacho snack, when I wanted fried rice.
I was falling wonderfully asleep on the couch as we watched Ru Paul’s Drag race. But, of course, Sam will never let me fall asleep on the couch. When he gets a sense of my sleepiness, he watches me like a Hawk, and the moment I nod off he either prods me, which I hate, or everything is turned off and I am ordered to bed.
We went to bed at 11.11pm, like a couple of old grannies.
No comments:
Post a Comment