Saturday, July 05, 2014

Rolf And The Collapsed Building




I was up at 9am. Saturday. Saturday isn’t the complete flake day that is Sunday. Saturday at least has some ambition to do something. Shopping. Breakfast with friends. Drive across town and get that thing you have been meaning to get for weeks. Go to the gym. Visit your mum. Make your way home from the trade you went home with last night, although that would usually be a tomorrow morning thing, in my experience. Saturday has some intension to be productive and get things done. 

We ate pancakes with butter and maple syrup and coffee for breakfast. Nice. 

I read the news sitting at the coffee table with my breakfast. 

Rolf gets 5 years and 9 months in jail, probably to be released in 3 years.

I don’t really care about Rolf Harris, but it is an interesting story and I have been following it in the newspapers. I have read the charges against him and I have read the victim impact statements and I can’t really see how getting touched on the bum, or the leg, or the breast, as three of the victims have claimed at 13 or 15 years of age can ruin the rest of your life.

I guess it is a good thing that I don’t know how that can ruin your life. It speaks of my happy childhood. 

We know that Peter Morrison tried to touch me when I was 13, I told him not to, and he didn’t. That was the end of it. 

The fourth victim who one could reasonable believe was molested at 13 to 15 years of age, then went on to have a sexual relationship with Rolf for ten years as an adult.

Work that one out? Again, I’m glad that I don’t have to understand that.

I think it is interesting that nobody on Facebook has commented on the sentencing. Do I think we are all now too scared to comment on such things? Oh, I don’t think so. The strength of the female lobby won’t allow it now a days? Question it, that is. I guess it could be seen as revenge for all the male sexism that has happened in the past. That is to believe the females implicitly. I mean, why wouldn’t we believe them? It doesn’t make sense. 

ABC Radio National and major news outlets published a landmark Australian study showing a significant decline in support for female genital mutilation. When was there support for female for genital mutilation?

Hurricane Arthur struck North Carolina with 100 mph winds, disrupting U.S. Independence Day celebrations, what does that say to God loving America? I always love the God think. Thank God he saved all the people from the hurricane. But, why did he send the hurricane in the first place? 

An 11-story building collapsed in Chennai, India, killed 61 people. Oh, could you imagine. I felt a bit claustrophobic thinking about it.

Fourteen degrees today. Nyr. Not really warm enough to inspire me to do anything. I guess it’s possibly going to get better sometime soon as we move away from the darkest day of the year, as we move out of the dark and into the light. 


No comments: