Thursday, July 03, 2014

Sometimes You Just have To Kick Back And Drink The Soup




Oh, it has been a stressful week. Stressful because I have been so anxious about it all. I tried the run away so as to play another day approach. Don’t do today, what you can put off until tomorrow, you know, that sort of thing. Ignore it and it will grow over, heal, pop and the puss will ooze out on its own. 

I finished work with the (unhappy) toy company on Monday. My phone had been off ever since, as Jack had left a message to call him. (I panicked) I was sure he was going to ask me to work Friday at the toy company, as Dana had said something about a organising a handover. (I soooo didn’t want to)

It was lovely being at Food Farmers and I didn’t want to go back to the toy company.

I was waiting for Jack to call all day. He knew where I was. He could have. He didn’t. 

So, I worried about it all day. You see, running away from your problems never works, confronting them is always the best track. Yap, yap, yap.  Okay, okay, do as I say, not what I do. That’s what we do us humans, isn’t it?


We ate tomato soup for dinner, with crusty bread, which Sam was pissed off about costing him $6.50, for the bread, not the soup. 

“I bought it at 5pm and the lady behind the counter never suggested anything like a discount.” 

“A discount?”

“It was practically the end of the day.”

“I think you have to, actually, come back the next day to get a day old bread discount.”

“It was practically day old.”

“5pm?”

“Yes.”

Sam is never backward in asking for a discount, I’m surprised he didn’t ask anyway. 

There is something deeply cleansing – okay, maybe that is a bit to David – something deeply nourishing about Tomato soup. That rich, earthy tomato flavour does us a lot of good, I am convinced of it. It tastes sweet, and tangy, and savoury, the lovely natural fruit acidity giving it a rich, comforting warmth. I love it, it is one of my favourite things. 

We watched TV.

We went to bed.


No comments: