Saturday, January 20, 2024

That Fucken Hurt

10.18am. I message Jill for lunch, I hadn't seen her for some time.

Jill

       Love to, but already having lunch with a friend in Templestowe

10.19am. We’re in My Pet Warehouse getting tins of digestive care food for Otto, who has nearly recovered from his illness. There is a beautiful brown Border Collie in the shop at the same time as we are. The bulldogs and the Border Collie were all waggy tails and snif snif sniffing.

10.20am. Jill replies, Sunday?

10.34am. I’m in Faraday Cafe buying Rye sour dough loaf for breakfast. 10% surcharge for the weekend is really a bit much.

Christian Fletcher:

  I'm not sure about Sunday, so I message back, I have to go to church

Jill Willson:

Very funny

Christian Fletcher:

(I was dictating a message into my phone to send to Jill, I was looking down at my phone when I hit my head on a tree branch over hanging the footpath, and nearly knocked myself out)

With the rest of the delusional... shit fuck, I know, I know it’s bleeding, I can tell, it fucking hurt, really fucking hurt. Shit!… and my dictation was still dictating what I said to Sam.

(I decided just to send the whole message to Jill. Then an explanatory message)

I was dictating into my phone, and I hit my head on a low, hanging tree branch over the footpath, and my phone kept dictating

  Perhaps there is a God.


We were going for haircuts in the city after we'd got the dog food.

"Well, I guess that's my haircut done," I said.

"I guess," said Sam.

But I really wanted my hair cut, you know when it gets to that stage where it just needs to be done.

"I'm just going to ask straight up. I cut my head, but I still want a haircut, is that okay, do you still want to cut it?"

So, thats what we did. We walked Bruno and Otto into the city. Sam had his hair cut first. Then it was my turn. I did my little speech. She replied, "Can I have a look."

I showed her. She said, "I can just cut around it, if that is alright with you?"

"Yeah, fine with me."

So, I got my hair cut, even with a wounded head. As I sat in the chair, I wondered what kinds of diseased heads hairdressers are exposed to?

Then we went and ate Thai for lunch.


Jill didn't reply till much later, as she'd already got into her car and was driving to her fiend's place for lunch.

"OMG! I just read your message. Are you okay."

"Yes, fine. Just had some sense knocked into me finally."


No comments: