Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Welcome Back To The Real World

First day back for everyone from the break, although it is kind of quiet on that front.

There seem to be so may things that need fixing, it is just one of those days where problems come at me all day, like cars speeding towards a multi road intersection not controlled by traffic lights, and all the cars are speeding towards the exact some spot all at once, and I have to catch them all.

My head spins, and I get anxious about it all. I never used to get anxious about anything.

I wonder, later, if I got everything correct, with the stuff I fixed, which I am sure I did, but it would only take one thing to be wrong, but there probably isn't.

But it was like that all day, no sooner had I fix one problem, there was another, and another, and I just had to go from one to the other, without catching my breath in between.

Don't you hate days like that, I know I do.

Welcome back.


I wake up at 4.30am. I had a dream about Tom. We are in a pool with another guy smoking a joint. Tom is using the joint to get this other guy stoned so he can pick him up. So he is giving this other guy all the joint, and I am getting nothing, so much so, I have to say to him that I was getting none of it.


I wake up and go for a piss. I lie awake in the dark and think about work, and how I still have a lot to get right. 

I start thinking about the 3 short stories I have unfinished.

And I can't sleep.

I get up at 5am, not that I am going to do any work, that would be craazzyy.

Milo is very pleased to see me, with the two dogs he doesn't get much of a look in any more.

I sit on the couch with coffee at 5am in the morning with Milo cuddled up to my left leg. It is dark outside.


5.35am. Milo hops off the couch suddenly. Then I hear claws on the tiles and Bruno arrives in the lounge room. He goes outside immediately for a wee. It is just starting to get light outside and the sky is like one huge grey/blue tile, just starting to glow ever so slightly.

The big snuffly wuffly is making lots of noise. He sits up on the couch next to me, settles down and goes back to sleep.


No comments: