Saturday, January 06, 2024

Vaccines

I had my sixth covid vaccine. I'd been thinking about it for a while, as the virus waxed and waned in society and news reports. It was when I heard, what was probably an American statistic, that 200 people a day were still dying from the virus, I decided I should get on and have a booster.

I do think it is anti-intellectual, and possibly a sign that our education system is really not as good as it should be, that all these conspiracy dickwatts continue a narrative against vaccines.

The best minds in society have developed a course of action to fight covid and all you have to do is turn up and have it. It doesn't really hurt. It doesn't even cost you anything. It is as easy as anything.

Why are there all these, I have to say stupid, people, who not only refuse to have the vaccine, but a lot of them are actively working against it. Why? That just seems like the most ridiculous thing.

Why would all these people choose to believe untrained and uninformed people on the internet, or wherever, rather than believe university educated people who are trained and work in the field.

It is just baffling. “Just get the bloody vaccine and stop arguing you twats.”

It took me all of about 30 minutes by the time I walked to the chemist, and the chemist saw me straight away and then I had to wait 15 minutes afterwards and it was done.

I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t do this? You can luxury in your stupidity in every other aspect of your life, if you want, but it’s free and you don’t get sick, it’s a no brainer.

I’ve had a flu shot every year and I haven’t had the flu for 20 years.


No comments: