Thursday, January 18, 2024

Why Is Otto Sick

I was standing in the back yard enjoying the sun on my skin. First day of my weekend. Ha, ha.

I was gazing around the garden. My eyes casually landed on the Fortnight Lillies Otto, the little bugger, had been chewing and making a mess of. He'd got right down to the roots on some of the plants.

I pulled the broken plants out, cut them up and put them in the bin.

So then it was all cleaned up, so that was good. I went back to the sun on my face.

Don't you love the sun warming the skin on your face? I know I do. Just a bit, momentarily, like a short meditation. Just to take a moment, when the rest of the world fades away.

I casually gazed back at my handy work, it was then that I wondered if I should check if the Lillies Otto had been chewing are toxic, so I wandered inside and googled them.

Lillies are toxic to dogs and can cause gastrointestinal (GI) upset diarrhoea and vomiting. The most toxic part is the rhizome.

There you go.

I should have looked after him better. I've watched him chew the Lilly, thinking I should stop him. I'm usually onto such things, dog owner fail. Poor Otto. I went in and cuddled him.


No comments: