Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Hump Day

I dreamt last night I was with David, in a big dimly lit warehouse/show room, and we were inside a new luxury Toyota Crown which David was enthusing about. It was dark blue with a lighter blue interior. 

I told him that I wanted to see it in black and he said, 

“That’s okay, they can change the colour of the car from the office computer.”

The black sales guy came out to the driver’s window and David had trouble telling him we wanted to see it in black.

Then we were signing up to sell the Toyota Crown, the Toyota Supra and the Toyota Corolla in the business that the two of us had, that sold crushed velvet.

(We sold crimson, royal blue, emerald green and gold crushed velvet)

I was wondering where we would put the cars

I woke up. 6.20am.


I made coffee.


The security system for my work only works because it uses all of the employee’s private phones. And we all think this is okay? Really, is it okay? When companies renege on pay rises for their staff. And particularly, because my rich law firm reneges on giving its employees, for instance, the increase in super every time it happens. My rich law firm doesn’t give us increased super because it says we’re on total package contracts rather than salary plus super contracts, and that’s how they get away with not giving us increases in super. And yet they use all of our private phones to keep the company safe.

They make something like $1 billion per year.

That's what was going through my mind as I signed into work at 6.45am this morning.

Funny the things you think, hey? As the coffee was waking up my taste buds first thing. (Have I ever mentioned I make myself two coffee at once in the mornings) As the stupid security code was coming up on my phone. As my own laptop was firing into action in my peripheral vision.


It was an easy day, really, despite the whinge first thing. End of my working week, and you have to love that. 

The dogs slept at my feet all day. 

The postie is pretty used to the bulldogs running to greet him at the door when he delivers Sam & Charlie's parcels, practically, on a daily basis. IT guys? Sheesh!


No comments: