Thursday, September 04, 2014

Jude's Girls




This morning, Jude, I wanna say, the other girl in the office, was banging on about how he is feeling since he broke up with his girlfriend, Steph, two months ago. He dumped her, she wasn't quite Ms Perfect enough. Will he ever feel better? Will he get over it? Will he be left on the shelf.” (At 25 roll of the eyes)

“It had to be done,” he said. “But, I dunno if I have made the right decision.”

The girls told him that he probably had, if he’d gone with his heart.

“There are lots of other girls,” said Shaylean. 

Melinda said to him, to comfort him, “Just feel confident that it will all work out in the end. That there is a reason for all of what you are going through now.”



I nearly asked Melinda what she thought of the story that I read in the paper today. I opened and closed my mouth, but I didn’t in the end. I didn’t really want to make such a big deal of it. I didn’t want to look as though I was trying to convince her of anything, so I kept my mouth shut. Live and let live. You only have to state your position, Christian, you don't want to hit her over the head with it. But, I so wanted to ask her what she thought of the following.



There was a young guy in America, Kevin, who rode his bike down the east coast, from Maryland to Florida, to ask his girl friend, who he loved and who loved him, to marry him. Ring in his pocket, how romantic. He was two hours from his destination when he stopped in a town, Verno Beach, to get Maccas and have a break. He was on his phone to his girlfriend when a homeless man stabbed him to death, because he thought that Kevin was using his phone organising people to attack him.

Okay Melinda, what was the plan here for this young guy’s life?


No comments: