I did all the pots dishes before I left for work. Oh, I just couldn’t have all of those dirty pots lying around any longer. The kitchen looked like shit. I ate my muesli and strawberries and cleaned up the dirty dishes. Sam cuts up the strawberries and puts them on my muesli when I am showering. Isn’t he cute.
It was windy and sunny.
I didn’t get to work until 8.30am. It is amazing now that I am smoking again how much less time I have. Non smoking Christian gets to work at 8.10am, 8.15am. Smoking Christian gets to work at 8.30am, by the time he has a smoke before he gets into the car and has a smoke when he gets out of the car. That is fifteen to twenty minutes wasted smoking. How much time over a year do you think that would be? Or ten years? I don’t mean just in the morning but overall, in total used up smoking?
I ate the cauliflower soup for lunch. Then I went for a walk to Victoria Gardens. I’m trying to get out, rather than sit on my arse, even if I walk to the ash tray at the very beginning of Victoria Gardens and then walk back.
Jude came with me.
It was warm as we walked.
“How are you liking it?
“Yeah, good, everyone is nice.”
“Especially with Cathy away.”
“Oh, I don’t know, I’ve alway liked Cathy.”
“Yeah, she’s okay, I guess.”
“I was surprised when I found out the extent to which she isn’t liked.”
“She’s just too bossy.”
"I guess I can see that,” I said.
We walked a bit. It was a nice day.
“So, do you have a favourite?”
“What?”
“A favourite in the office?”
“At MMP?”
“Yeah, of course.”
“Well, that would have to be you.”
Jude laughed nervously.
“Well, you asked,” I said.
“Is this more of your gay humour?” Jude asked.
Jude and I had previously had discussions on gay humour, at one point.
“Gay truth,” I said.
We headed into Victoria Gardens. Jude went to the salad bar and got salad for lunch. I got a muffin from MuffinBreak.
We were walking back to the office.
Jude said. “If I was gay…”
“Yeah,” I said.
“I could go for you,” said Jude.
“What? Jude?” I said.
“Well, you are funny and smart and,” I’m sure Jude blushed. “And handsome.”
“So are you,” I said.
“You must know, as Isaac said, “You won the popularity competition unanimously in the office for someone to replace Cathy while she was a way.”
I couldn’t help myself and the though more than turned me on a bit. “You know what you’d have to do, don’t you?”
“What I’d have to do?” said Jude.
“If you were gay and going for me,” I said.
Jude blushed and smiled his gorgeous broad smile. “Yeah, I have a good idea.”
“So, there wouldn’t be any surprises, then,” I asked. We both knew we were being silly by this stage.
“Are you fucking kidding me,” said Jude, “It would all be a surprise, don’t you worry about that.”
“I’d try not to scare you too much,” I said.
Jude laughed. “It would all scare me. I have no illusions.”
“You’d be fine,” I said. “Like riding a horse.” I couldn’t help myself.
“Like riding a horse,” Jude repeated. He was still smiling.
We were back at the office by this stage. Jude stepped forward and opened the door for me.
“Thank you,” I said.
That was the end of the conversation.
No comments:
Post a Comment