Monday, September 15, 2014

Snow Flake Christians




Sam reached over and flick my ear first thing this morning. 

Pow!

“Ah.” I covered my ear. "You rat!"

Sam laughed. He had that determined look on his face. It woke me up and made me take up a defensive stance. After that, fingers were locked and loaded but none were fired.

We head down stairs. 

Buddy sat with his head resting on my thigh, as I sat on the couch and ate my breakfast.


I raced through Collingwood and Abbotsford at 8.30am. I quite like weaving through the traffic in the morning, it wakes me up. My car can beat any other car on the road, something some people find out, I presume, to their surprise. 

I zip into the work carpark before 9am feeling alive. 


Everyone was in, we chatted about our weekends, Christine went to Justin's sports match, Shayleen had a relaxing time home in Ballarat, Jade and Kaia did things with their boyfriends, Isaac is looking for a new house, I didn't hear what Melinda did, but she probably laid on hands some place and spoke in tongues, before we all got down to work. 

Mid morning, we watched a taxi driver washing himself outside our office windows in the side road outside our building. We all stood at the window and looked out. 

“The whole thing is odd,” said one of us as we gawked at this fat guy with a bottle of water in his hand splashing it over himself.

The he bowed his head and he was clearly praying and everyone seemed to change their attitude. 

Jade and Kaia said they felt terrible having intruded on this man’s spiritual time. 

“Us intruding on him was a very bad thing,” said Melinda.

“Oh, the whole thing is still odd,” I said.

“You have to learn to be more open minded,” said Melinda.

“And religious people are famously so open minded,” I said.

“Whatever it is that you are? Atheist? You have to learn respect other people beliefs.”

“Something religious people have shown through example so well,” I said. 

“Yes, they have,” said Melinda.

“Christianity invented bigotry against anyone who doesn’t agree with their mythical beliefs,” I said.

Christine looked at me with wide eyes.

“Mythical beliefs,” exclaimed Melinda

“Nothing more than the ideas of the world of 2000 year old illiterate goat herders,” I said.

Christine looked at me, slicing her hand across her throat and shaking her head.


Sam Buddy and I walked to the supermarket after work. Sam shopped while Buddy and I walked to Johnston Street and back.

I changed into shorts and went for an hours walk after we get home. It is good, it clears the mind and relaxes me, helps me shake off any thing that is bothering me.

Sam made a great butter chicken curry.


No comments: