I was awake at 5am. I just knew I was. I looked at my Nike Wrist Band for the time, but of course it was out of batteries. Damn. I tried looking at the bedside clock, but if people think the clock in the lounge room is difficult to read, then the bed side clock is hieroglyphics.
I grabbed clothes in the dark. The spot on my head directly behind my left ear is still hurting. I rub it in the dark, as I pick up track pants and zip up track top. I also pick up my lap top and phone. I struggle down the stairs. I feel so unsteady that I take it one step at a time, in the dark. I also need a shit.
I set up my laptop on the lounge room table. I have no glasses and Sam’s track pants. Doh! I have to go back up to the room, as I can’t see without glasses. I can see okay, I can’t read the computer screen. I have to, so I think I might as well get my own track pants as well. I see my discarded hole in the arse track pants still laying on the floor outside the bathroom, and realise I only have to get my glasses. I know exactly where they are, I moved them off the top of the laptop when I first picked it up. I get my glasses and let Sam’s track pants fall to the floor. It is one more risk of waking him, but he might as well be able to find his track pants when he gets up, as much as I am. I exit the room again.
I wish I knew how to download the rest of The Big bang Theory, but I don’t.
By 5.24am the day outside has lightened up.
I am cold, I want a fire.
Buddy is fast asleep tucked down in his various mattresses he has in his kennel.
I build a fire. It struggles and fills the room with smoke. I head outside to get more wood and to leave the door open for some fresh air.
Buddy comes in the second time, as he often does, it takes two trips outside to wake him generally.
The fire takes off. I open the window to let the last of the smoke out.
I have to tend the fire. Buddy starts sneaking off upstairs to bed. I stop him once and then decided that taking him up to Sam, would be much less grief than trying to stop him all the time. He bounces onto the bed enthusiastically and sneezes in Sam’s face, ah, such a bull dog. Good job Buddy, I think. Sam’s hand raises up to pat him. Sam doesn’t care, Buddy can do no wrong, in Sam’s eyes.
At 6am, I went up and told Sam he should get up and start downloading Big Bang Theory, while we are in our off peak time. We are in real danger of using up our entire 130 gig download, what with the iPhone6 release. All the phones need to pass down the chain one person and they all needed to be updated for their new owners. I got Sam’s iPhone 5S, my iPhone 5 goes to his sister. And the replaced iPhone 4S, Sam’s brother’s phone, the one that internet access problems, we had replaced under consumer law at Apple Temple Chadstone, the new 4S goes back to his sister. Sam said, “Bring me your laptop, I’ll push the button.”
I’m playing a lot of pop jazz lately. Tom Jones is my new favourite.
The Big Bang Theory is downloading. I don’t want to disrupt it. I sit in silence.
The sky is bright blue by 8am.
Aretha sings.
The day sparkled.
You’re putrid – Christian
Well the putrid vilest one will be returning this week xxxx Pho on Saturday? Let me know xxx – David
Yes, pho Saturday – Christian
I vacuumed, as we all know Sunday is chores day. I don’t care though as I’m on holidays. No work to go to tomorrow, you have to love that feeling.
I cleaned up the kitchen. “Don’t forget to wipe everything down with the yellow cloth,” says Sam.
“You are in love with your yellow cloth,” I say. “You should marry your yellow cloth.”
“Yellow cloth,” Sam’s says. He makes bench wiping actions.
“You should have been a mime,” I say. "With that talent you are clearly wasted in IT."
Sam doesn’t think it is funny.
I put the washing on.
“It is a great drying day,” says Sam.
“Peachy,” I say.
He cleaned our bathroom and bedroom. He never complains about cleaning. I often wonder what that really says about his character?
Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.
Sam is never more pleased than when we’ve cleaned the house and it is all done.
I repotted the lounge room indoor plant. One of those lilies that I always forget the name of. Sometime over the weekend we planted the big Lemon Scented Pelargonium in the garden.
The weather was gorgeous.
I played my new Randy Crawford CDs I got at JB. Lovely Randy Crawford.
We ate stir fried veggies for dinner.
We watched Sunday night TV.
I got really stoned and fell asleep on the couch, which is really very Sunday evening, don’t you agree? What else are Sundays for? Seriously? If you can’t fall asleep on the couch in front of the TV on a Sunday evening, when can you do it?
Consequently, the day was declared over at 10pm, as I gazed about half awake trying to catch up with Sam shutting the place down.
“Time for bed,” Sam declared. He does that finger point thing, just his pointer finger, pointing in the direction of bed. Then he waits, all schoolmarm’ish for me to get my sorry arse off the couch and start moving in the direction he wants me to move.
No comments:
Post a Comment