Lino came at 8am and laid the carpet. We got to see his and his young tradies arse cracks for most of the morning)
Sam thought he was such a smarty pants, after my three failed attempts to get the carpet laid. I personally don’t think it was my fault, I think it was the fault of the tradies, however. Sam called the closest carpet layer to us out of the yellow pages and he came in two days. I can’t deny it.
We had the roll of carpet lying in our atrium for I don’t know how long now, after the carpet was laid in the lounge room. Funny how those things seem interminable and annoying while they are continuing, but as soon as the massive roll has been moved out of the atrium and laid in the two front rooms, the length of time that that massive roll was lying there suddenly seems like no time at all. Do you think it has anything to do with our built in mechanism to get over trauma? What do you reckon? Just a bit? You know, around the edges? Kind of?
I got to work by midday, just before, actually. Kirin and Kerin only managed to ask cursory questions about the carpet. I was ready to give them the carpet story in depth, but they seemed to look away after the first question, leaving me standing there primed, but with nowhere to go with it. Oh, you know, just kind of. Oh, er, I thought.
Anyway, it made the day seem awfully short, and we love that.
We ate thick noodles with a rich Chinese sausage sauce for dinner.
(Mark) I wish I knew where those blue tights (which we could cut off as underpants) and red jacket were from the time we did goblins fancy dress? Then all I need is black framed glasses and Sam and I could go to Matt's birthday as Batman and Robin Ono – Christian
No comments:
Post a Comment